Protein shake recipes

Options
mdb543
mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
I'm looking for a new protein shake recipe. Something with just a few ingredients! Any suggestions appreciated!

Replies

• LeighAnna115
    Options
    Dashingdish.com

She has some really tasty recipes here. They range from just a few ingredients to quite a few but they're worth checking out.
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    You will get many good idea here, although many people say just eat well and you won’t need shakes. Sometimes though, it’s not eating well that’s the problem. Some people don’t have a lot of time, especially in the mornings with kids, jobs and such, to cook breakfast. They want something that’s quick to make, but also nutritious.
    I used to use a standard protein powder, mix with skim milk, light or natural peanut butter, banana , ice and some cinnamon.
    Now I use Shakeology and there are many recipes for that as well.

Good luck!
    Joe
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Dashingdish.com

She has some really tasty recipes here. They range from just a few ingredients to quite a few but they're worth checking out.

Thanks for posting this site. I'm looking forward to maiking the Monte Cristo Wrap Sandwich.
  • MommaRoseFitness
    MommaRoseFitness Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup skim milk, 1/4 water, ice, 2 tbs peanut butter, 1/2 banana, protein powder
  • mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I drink the shakes because I enjoy them and find it hard to make food at certain times with 3 little ones. I take shakeo as well.. I will check out that website! I have worn out my pumpkin pie protein shake lol. I'm trying to find a recipe that mimics a mint like one! Also has anyone used any of the gnc desert protein powder? What were your thoughts on the taste?
  • chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    1 scoop protein powder (chocolate/vanilla/or plain)
    1 tbsp cocoa
    1/2 cup frozen (or fresh) raspberries or strawberries
    1 cup milk of your choosing
    1/2 cup water
    *a couple of ice cubes if using fresh berries

Blend. Tastes like a chocolate cake :)
  • jmjones2002
    Options
    I use the EAS Lean 15 Chocolate Fudge powder..I add one banana & 1tbsp of reduced fat peanut butter. It says you can use milk but to keep my cals down I add water & ice..I mix it up & then add more ice..it still has little ice chips in it & helps me feel like I'm eating something..lol I drink these 1-2x's a day..it fills me up & sometimes I just hate having to cook something. My friend uses the vanilla powder & adds sugar-free fruit(walmart has a berry mix) & adds her water..she loves it!! My shake comes out to 300cals.
  • adopt321
    adopt321 Posts: 111
    Options
    This a favorite of mine - delicious!
    1/4 cup skim milk, 1/4 water, ice, 2 tbs peanut butter, 1/2 banana, protein powder
  • racheal9
    racheal9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I keep it pretty simple, I use just one banana and a scoop of Intek Evolution Vanilla Whey with a splash of water and handful of ice in the blender. Tastes like liquid banana pudding.

For variety, try with OJ instead of water and banana (so just OJ, ice, and whey). Orange creamsicle?
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Mmm. Spinach, water, ice, protein powder, frozen fruit of any sort.
    Make sure that you blend the spinach and water first! Otherwise it will be a chunky smoothie :)
  • lostemt
    lostemt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I know there is one with using ff sf cheesecake pudding mixing and there is also one with lemon pudding can you let me know what they are. I am using a blender bottle/
  • pilarg18
    pilarg18 Posts: 25
    Options
    I drink the shakes because I enjoy them and find it hard to make food at certain times with 3 little ones. I take shakeo as well.. I will check out that website! I have worn out my pumpkin pie protein shake lol. I'm trying to find a recipe that mimics a mint like one! Also has anyone used any of the gnc desert protein powder? What were your thoughts on the taste?

I used the GNC Total Lean Lean Shake protein powder in blueberries n cream flavor earlier this week. It was good and with 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 c. frozen starwberries, and ice, it tasted like a desert. But it's also 180 calories per 2 scoops with 30 g. of total carbs (4 g. of sugar) and only 9 g. of protein. I think I'll stick to my GNC Pro Performance Vanilla Whey (25 g. protein) for my everyday shake and break out the blueberries n cream only every once in a while.

That said, they also have an orange cream flavor I may try at some point.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i'm drinking this right now: 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1 cup almond milk, 1 packet of instant coffee, 5 ice cubes, and a dash of honey. tastes just like a frappuccino!! its more of a sweet treat protein shake that I don't have as often as fruit smoothies.
  • jjfowler0628
    jjfowler0628 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i'm drinking this right now: 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1 cup almond milk, 1 packet of instant coffee, 5 ice cubes, and a dash of honey. tastes just like a frappuccino!! its more of a sweet treat protein shake that I don't have as often as fruit smoothies.

This sounds great!! Thanks!