Getting toned in a short amount of time?

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm extremely new to this site, and im trying to educate myself on healthy habits and exercising. Also, i am going on a cruise in three weeks. So, I was wondering - what are some suggestions to getting as toned as I can in three weeks?

I know that three weeks is a very short amount of time, but any progress is better than none!
Now obviously after I get back from my cruise, I am still going to log my food and continue to exercise and what not. However, I just want to tone up as much as I can before I go on this cruise in three weeks. Any suggestions for what type of exercise or workout video I can do that would help me accomplish this? Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    "Toning" isn't something you do. Generally when someone is "toned", it means they've lowered their bodyfat enough to see the muscles underneath well. That is acheived mostly through diet. 3 weeks is deinitely not a lot of time to see a lot of results, unfortunately. I'd add in some cardio and some strength training in order to retain muscle while losing and eat at a deficit.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    "Toning" isn't something you do. Generally when someone is "toned", it means they've lowered their bodyfat enough to see the muscles underneath well. That is acheived mostly through diet. 3 weeks is deinitely not a lot of time to see a lot of results, unfortunately. I'd add in some cardio and some strength training in order to retain muscle while losing and eat at a deficit.

^This. You aren't going to get results in 3 weeks (no matter what Jillian Michaels tells you).

Eat at a moderate deficit and do some cardio and strength training (ideally, you should focus on compound lifting....more bang for your buck, as you'll be working the whole body instead of isolating muscles).
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    since your question has already been answered here is a cat gif

tumblr_m8c7ii3PDu1rwf6mzo1_500.gif
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I know of a pill that can target certain areas of your body to remove fat. It's sooo easy.

I'm kidding. But just exercise, a lot. No 'recovery' days. Go until exhaustion.
  • umfan85
    umfan85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I realize this post is probably going to get lambasted because it goes against the "norm." I do agree with the previous posts, regarding it is a much better idea to take things slowly. However, I felt like I should answer your specific question.

I believe you could take a few steps to at least "appear" a bit more toned and lean. My first suggestion would be to eat as LEAN as possible from here until the cruise. I am not suggesting you under eat at all, but stick to lean meats, veggies, and quality carbs for each meal. Do not drink any alcohol from here until the cruise, this will only add to the bloating effect. Drink a ton of water, as much as you can put down throughout the day.

Regarding exercise: I would focus on some cardio, and definitely strength training. Even just doing push ups, pull ups, crunches. I would suggest more, but I don't know your resources in terms of equipment.

Again, this will not make you lose a ton of weight quickly or anything like that. This should at least make you LOOK a bit thinner and toned. There are no quick fixes when it comes to weight loss.