Joyful moments that keep you going

Options
CLynch309
CLynch309 Posts: 34 Member
Brief background: I started on a program to lose weight January 1, 2012. I lost 30 lbs by end of July 2012 and have been maintaining in my four-pound goal range ever since. I went from a tiight size 12 down to a comfy size 4. I bought a lot of new clothes, but I did not donate any of my "fat" clothes because I know myself. Losing is hard, but for me, maintaining has been harder, and I know it's very possible I could fall off the wagon and go back to being big and need the larger sizes again.

Joyful moment: We recently had a warm spell in Southern California; a couple days of 80+ temperatures. I put on the shorts I bought last August and they still fit, and I still *love* the way I look in the mirror.

I've lost weight before, but every time I've done it, I've put it back on a few months later. This is the first time I've maintained long enough to wear "skinny" clothes for more than one summer. This is the first time I haven't dreaded the idea of "shorts" weather. I'm even considering going bathing suit shopping and I haven't done that in a LOT of years.

Replies

• bettershedder
    bettershedder Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What a nice, honest, sincere post. I'm so happy that you've maintained. That is
    the hardest part. Thanks for being an inspiration to me!
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    congratulations
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Amazing story! As hard as weight loss is, maintenance feels so much harder. I haven't mastered it yet.

My joyful moment story: Every year I would sit on my front porch with a sugar-laden pastry and a bloody mary, watching the runners in the annual Crescent City Classic 10k walk/jog/run by my house and I would say to whomever was sitting with me, "someday I am going to do that." By March 2011 I had lost almost 100 pounds and I ran that race. The moment I crossed the finish line I burst into tears of joy. As great as it felt to wear a size 12 dress on New Year's Eve (I was formerly a size 24), or to have my parents hardly recognize me when they saw me, nothing will ever top the joy of starting, enduring, and ultimately finishing that 10k. I am doing it for the third time at the end of this month!
  • jennygreene09
    jennygreene09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!