I need help...AGAIN

Options
Ok so I started this journey 50 days ago and have lost 14 lbs. In the past 2.5 weeks I started at Planet Fitness and burn roughly 300 calories every time I go (which is roughly 4-5 times per week). I consume 1200 calories (and let me tell you I will log if I consume a piece of dust..I am THAT diligent (or crazy) ) So right now, the weightloss is steady but I KNOW that I am not consuming enough food but I cannot bring myself to up my cals because it is working for me. But, I look to the future, where I am quite confident that I will stall because of eating so little. Your thoughts? Suggestions?

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You just said you know what you need to do. You've been losing about 2lbs a week, which is too fast considering you only have about 30 to lose. Set an appropriate goal, eat all your calories, and eat back your exercise calories.
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    make sure you eat back some of what you are burning. You do not want your metabolism to crash (go into starvation mode)
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Slowly start to increase your calories. You have to because you're right...you will not be able to maintain 1200. Figure out the whole TDEE thing and eat somewhere between that number and your BMR (slowly increase weekly/monthly until you reach it). Good luck!
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Eat more
    and go burn more.
    but try to eat at least your daily calorie intake. If you need to consume some of your exercise calories do that too.
    a 1 to 1.5 pound weight loss per week should be the ultimate goal. anything after that shouldnt be every week. It happens sometimes, but the slower the better especially if there's more than 20 pounds to drop.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You just said you know what you need to do. You've been losing about 2lbs a week, which is too fast considering you only have about 30 to lose. Set an appropriate goal, eat all your calories, and eat back your exercise calories.

this!
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You could try zig-zagging your calories during the week. One day 1200 the next 1400, the next 1700 then back to 1200 and so on. There is a calculator you can use

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

It goes by your weight and height and gives you a 7 day plan.

Just don't go under your 1200 or will stall you weight loss

good luck hope this helps
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Thanks..I will try to eat between tdee and bmr...I have more than 30 to lose (prob 30 left, but i was trying not to frustrate myself)..just hard when things are working for me. :)
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You could try zig-zagging your calories during the week. One day 1200 the next 1400, the next 1700 then back to 1200 and so on. There is a calculator you can use

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

It goes by your weight and height and gives you a 7 day plan.

Just don't go under your 1200 or will stall you weight loss

good luck hope this helps
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have a similar weight loss goal as you. I started 37 days ago and lost 13lb so far eating 1,300-1,500 NET calories a day. I run every other day to keep up metabolism. I always eat back calories I ran off (and with great pleasure).