40+ Canadian with 30 lbs to lose

Options
Hi all.

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm female, in my late 40s, 5'6" and trying to get into the 120s.

I've been carrying around extra weight all my life. Hasn't stopped me from doing anything - skiing, water sports, even ran a few half marathons! The only thing it holds me back from is wearing the clothes I want to wear and feeling confident. In fact I feel downright inferior most of the time.

Last year I was invited to two corporate golf days and I opted out because my legs looked beefy in a golf skirt. I don't like to be photographed at all.

My husband is supportive of me at any weight and I have two kids with practically zero body fat and a wonderful stepdaughter who has the same struggles that I do.

The issue with me is food. And discipline around said food. MFP has been a good start. Anyone who has some useful advice or words of wisdom please post or add me.

I've browsed the message board and seen some wonderful examples of success and courage and effort and I applaud you all. All the best with your journeys.