Dogs...

Options
2»

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I have three dogs. First I got Roxie she's a blue heeler. She was a stray and came to the house looking all skinny and scared. It was pitiful. She had clearly been abused and she's still skittish even after having her for about 6 years. I don't know where she came from, but those who had her before need a good beating themselves. She's such a good natured little dog. It breaks my heart that people are mean to animals. :brokenheart:

Then I got Dixie, she's a lab mix. I got her from some people giving away puppies in Ingles parking lot. She just turned 5 last week. She loves to play, fetch, and shake your hand! :smile:

Then I got Teddy. He's a Cocker Spaniel. I had another one since I was 7, and he died almost 3 years ago (had him for 12 years). So I missed that dog so much I got another cocker. Teddy is 1.5 years old. He loves to swim, fetch, chase shadows and lazer lights. He's the funniest dog I've ever seen - he keeps me laughing all the time. I love my Teddy! There's a pic of him in my profile pics. :bigsmile:
  • jomane81
    jomane81 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a Beagle girl myself. Growing up, I only had outside dogs, so I was soooooooo excited to get my first house dog! He was a 1-year old rescue when we got him. Now he's 3 and we got him a little sister last Christmas. Larry Boy and Clementine are both beagle mixes, both adorable, and BOTH give me guilt when I don't give them their walk (great for exercise motivation)!!!
  • halfpint71
    halfpint71 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have two dogs:
    Gus Lab/Chesapeake Bay Ret. adopted as a baby from the pound...
    Rocco Pit Bull/Great Dane also adopted we were the third and final family to adopt him...
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    We have 3 of our own and 2 foster dogs at the moment. We too, are in rescue.

Charley - Beagle/Golden Retriever mix We chose him because he was a beagle mix and at the time, we owned another beagle mix... he just had a sweet face. We found him on Petfinder.com. Charley is sweet, cuddly, talkative and a bed hog.

Molly - Weimaraner. Molly belonged to a friend's employee. The woman went through a bad breakup and Molly had been given to her by her partner... she no longer wanted her. She's needy, whiney, lovable and has more energy than any one person can handle. She's a special girl... and extremely accident prone. I kept her because there will be no dogs "thrown away" on my watch.

Beanie - Pit Bull/Lab mix. She was my first foster dog. I fell in love with her and couldn't part with her. She had been an outside dog on a farm.... when she came to me she was skinny and scraggly... now she's beautiful!

Our current fosters are:
    Bella - a Boston Terrier/Pit Bull mix. She's probably the laziest dog I know with the cutest personality possible.

Rocky - a small lab mix. Rocky was bred for research and is scared of everything. I've spent the last year teaching him to be a dog. The day I brought him home was the first day that he ever touched grass. He's a special little guy.
  • dclarsh1
    dclarsh1 Posts: 83
    Options
    I have two dogs. Georgia is a Ridgeback mix that we got from the Humane Society. She was the only puppy not barking at us, so I was sold. Charlie is a golden retriever mix, and he chose me. How could I refuse those big brown eyes? He came from a rescue group. The people that had him before us gave him up because they were going to have a baby. I don't understand that one bit because he is the sweetest, most tolerant dog in the world. Oh well, their loss is my gain!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I have a 13lb brindle Chihuahua mix with an identity problem.He thinks he is a pitbull.
    Most possive dog I've ever had. If he even looks at something once it's his. Better not touch it. He never bites but has a growl of a 100lb dog.
    He will watch Beverly Hills Chichuahua and whimper over Chole.
    He picked me. I was sold when he kept jumping up on me.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I want a dog really really bad but we are going to wait until we have a house and a yard. My hubby and I want an English Mastiff or mutt that has some Mastiff in him or her. We both love large dogs with gentle, loving personalities.