Gym Question?

Options
So, I started about two weeks ago going to the gym every Monday and Wednesday and the first couple times I was sore the next day.
Well all of a sudden I haven't felt sore the next day so, I started doing longer amount of cardio and more weight when I weight train.
Still am not feeling sore the next day... Any ideas on how to get that soreness back??

Replies

• SergeiKay
    SergeiKay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    your body adapts to the new stress, i'm afraid you're gonna have to bust your a$% to get sore again.
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    The harder you push the sorer youll be. However, Not being sore isnt a bad thing. It means your drinking enough water for your body to repair itself.
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Are you doing the same routine each day? Try new exercises to work different muscles or the same muscles differently. For example, if you've been doing tricep kickbacks, maybe try dips, pulldowns or skull crushers instead (or in addition to) what you're already doing.
  • GetFit1129
    GetFit1129 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you must be sore? Is that how you measure your progress? Just curious.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you must be sore? Is that how you measure your progress? Just curious.

This^^ Yes, feeling sore may make you think that you did well, and you can FEEL the results, but you don't have to be sore to be successful. As long as you are getting a good workout in, that's all that matters.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Soreness is NOT an indication of a good workout. You could run yourself into the ground before you get sore again. You body has just acclimated to working out and is now properly able to handle it. And not in shock from going from nothing to a ton all at once.
  • DostThouEven
    Options
    Don't work out for a week. Following week, soreness will return. Not the best way to progress though.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    DOMS is a result of making your body do something new. Once your body is used to it you stop getting sore. If you want to be sore with the same exercises you'd have to really up the intensity.
  • bga008
    bga008 Posts: 90
    Options
    I typically try one new machine every time I go to shock my body. I like to feel sore because It feels good and makes me think that I accomplished a lot.