Busy Momma (I'm new)

Options
My name is Brandi I have 2 beautiful kids my Kylie is 5 and Ezekiel is 7m. My husband works at night and keeps our son during the day, so most of the cleaning is left to me (and I'm ok with that) so it makes it kind of hard to find time between cleaning and taking care of the kids to work out. I have a really hard time eating healthy also, its mostly just whatever is quick and easy.

I have horrible self-esteme issues and tend to get very disgusted with myself even though I am not huge or anything. My starting weight was 159, my current weight is 152, my goal weight is somewhere between 120 and 115 (I am 5'2 so its not extreme for me). Basically I just want to be able to get dressed in the morning without wanting to burst into tears, I want to be comfortable in my own skin.

Any help, advice, or support is welcome!

Replies

• calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I feel the same as you do! I'm 5'4" and would really like to see 125 again, but would settle for 130-135. I have a baby girl who just turned 1. I teach and my husband is a coach, so it seems that I never have the chance to workout because he is never home. I am really hoping that I can keep up my current routine of walking about 30 minutes a day. I can take her in the stroller when I walk, but our road is completely uphill, so it's tough. I walked about a mile with her yesterday and my legs are killing me today. I need some encouragement every now and then, because I give up easily! Good luck!!

Oh, I joined High Heels and Fishnets...you may want to look at that post! :happy:
  • mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    HELLO & WELCOME!!! I am also a "Busy Momma" to 3 boys ( 7 y/o, 5y/o & 11m/o). I am an at home Mom & I take care of the house while my fiance is out making the $$, he helps out too because the work never seems to end...lol! Well, on a bright note, ANY activity is considered exercise!!! If you go through the fitness database, you will see many everyday activities listed that you can count as exercise. I count my daily cleaning, vacuuming, mopping floors, doing dishes etc. as part of my daily workout. I know I work up a sweat at times, so it all counts! So go in your exercise log & hit add exercise, then instead of typing in a specific exercise, just hit "search," that way you can go through the whole database & check out all of the activities you can record. I also use the following site if I cannot find something in our database, I can add it ~
    www.shape.com/tools_and_calculators/calorie_burn_tool
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

I hope this helps...best of luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm 5'3" and about 162lbs. I will be 125lbs. I will not settle. I'm not really the settleing type because I feel like I only cheat my self out if I settle. I'm also a stay at home mom. You can join my friends and I on here. We encourage each other daily. We give each other that push when we need it. We post our calorie deficiency at the end of the day. I post or quote daily motivation for every one and tips to a healther life. I hope you join Team Hero. to do so just add me as a friend.