Any LADIES on here doing the Tough Mudder?!

Options
JHB2011
JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
Hey!

I'm doing the Tough Mudder in June and would love some feedback from ladies who are planning on doing it or have done it before.
I did Warrior Dash and Dirty Girl Mud Run with ease so I'm taking on the challenge of TM.

Let me know!

Replies

• Laura42012
    Laura42012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it in June too!!!!!!!!!!!
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I've done it, I wrote this to someone else that asked a few weeks ago. I love talking about it, so if you have specific questions, let me know.

I did my first TM in Dec 2011 and signed up for another this year. TM website has some great circuit workouts. Honestly, when I signed up I had planned to be so much farther along than I was, but I was determined to do it. After surgery, I could only run about three miles but still completed it.

The comradarie (sp?) is incredible. I am 5'2 and had trouble with the Berlin Walls. I heard someone behind me yell "help her up, help her up" and then all of a sudden someone picked me up so I could grab my teammates hand and get over the wall. It's one of the best experiences I've ever had. I saw a man in a wheelchair crawl up Everest. Seriously still gives me chills and makes me tear up. Watch it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8frxQQBTZ9M

My first was in FL and half of our was in swamps. Everyone was falling, but there was always someone to help you up, whether you were on the same team or not. Run and train and do it whether you feel ready or not. I can't say enough about it. it's like tattoos, they're addicting.
  • agerre
    agerre Posts: 4
    Options
    I've done 3 of them. Let's see.. definitely lots of cardio and upper body strength. Are you doing it with a group? That'll help getting over the walls.
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I did it last year (can't this year because its the week before my wedding) and I loved and hated it.
    My tips:
    1. It is nothing like the warrior dash or dirty girl mud run, so don't try to compare them. much more challenging!
    2. Make sure you can at least run 6 miles before you start (this should give you the stamina you need through out, you never run more than a mile at a given stint.
    3. Work on your upper body strength, there are lot of pulling activities where you need to get over walls or up something, so being able to do a few pull ups is a good thing
    4. Have a blast, it is a fun event with great strangers that you will work with throughout the course!
    5. I was told the course is easier on the first day and earlier heats because fewer people have gone through it.

Have a blast, like I said I had a love-hate relationship with the tough mudder when I was going through it, but I would definitely do it again.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    I am, and I have jiggly moobs
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I did it - and I agree with what the other posters said. If you can do it with a group it's MUCH better for getting over the walls. Do work on your cardio and upper body strength. It was definitely challenging and a lot of fun - comparing dirty girl and Warrior dash - those were for fun. TM will push you. I almost puked. For real.
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am doing it with a team of about 8, so if someone lags behind they'll get drug along.
    I am so excited yet nervous but all yuor tips helped! thanks!
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Charlotte one in November. So far I'm the only one brave enough in my circle of family and friends to attempt this. :smile: