ABS

Dreamerlove
Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey everyone, I was wondering what people think the fastest way to lose belly fat and have Abs? Eating right and exercising or are you mainly working on your Ab muscles?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    80% diet, 15% Cardio, 5% ab work, just rough estimates
  • amillionmegs
    amillionmegs Posts: 59 Member
    This is my main goal. Lose the belly fat and have abs.
    To lose the weight you have to eat healthy and cut out the bad foods but as for defined abs I think exercise is KEY if you want to see serious results. I started doing 10-15 crunches a night and now I try to do 50 a day. My belly doesn't look like my picture (yet!) But I really believe that if you want something and work hard enough towards your goal then you can make ANYTHING happen. you just have to take the first step :)

Good luck !
  • It depends on how much belly fat you are trying to get rid of. The most difficult part of burning fat is that you cannot control where you burn it from. You can try and targer certain areas, but it may not always be affective. I would say start with a good diet and good cardio. When you start to see changes in your mid section then you can start ab routines...
  • taz1978
    taz1978 Posts: 21
    cardio and crunches - cardio to get rid of the fat and crunches so that your muscles are nice and toned (underneath but when the fat goes wola!) In the past running has done it for me. Good Luck :-)
  • rbc_racing
    rbc_racing Posts: 31 Member
    There is no way to spot lose fat, the more ab work you do will only push the fat stored on your belly out further. Belly fat is often the last and toughest place to lose fat from also. Diet is 80% ,exercise is 20%, you might want to look into HIIT(high insensity interval training) it is one of the best methods to put your body into a fat burning state and the effects last up to 24 hours. There is a ton of info on google if you look it up, and it can be done with weight traing or cardio equipment. I do it for my cardio after I hit the weights in the afternoon, Basically you use the eliptical or the bike, and set it on a comfortable level, not to tight not to loose, warm up for 3-4 min then give it everything you can for 20-30 sec, rest for 2 minutes then repeat 5 more time. That is the best suggestion for something to add to your routine I can give you
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    I'm getting close to having my dream stomach -- not quite a 6 pack, but flat with some definition. I hardly ever do crunches or any ab exercises that have me laying on my back. I concentrate mostly on whole body exercises that engage the core--like planks and plyometrics. I've been told by trainers that crunches are really best for skinny guys who are trying to build muscle and are looking to "build out" their abdominals. Most women (and guys, for that matter) are looking to have a "girdle effect" where everything is nice and pulled in, so working the entire core and doing things that force you to balance and initiate explosive movements from the core are good for that (or so I've been told--seems to be working so far). Don't forget to work the lower back, too!

That said, eating a good, clean, low-sodium diet and burning off the excess with cardio is going to be the best way at getting rid of the excess flab that might be covering them up.
  • DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    Agree with prettymuch everything else that has been said! you can't lose fat off the belly specifically, belly fat is just like any other fat and is lost in the same way: through long term calorie deficit. Annoying how the belly is the last part to lose proper amounts of fat, but I guess thats why everyone wants lean abs, because it acts as a symbol that you must be in pretty good shape if you have gotten your fat percentage that low!
This discussion has been closed.