Low Calorie Drinks

Options
I like some occassional flavor outside of plain water....any suggestions for some low cal drinks? I am not really into the adding crystal light or other powder type stuff into my beverages or diet sodas.

Replies

• addicted2sweets
    addicted2sweets Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like the Fuze Slenderize naturally flavored waters to change things up a but. Only 5 - 10 calories per 8 ounces.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Vitamin Water now has a Vitamin Water Zero that has 0 calories per serving. The one I tried tasted pretty good, and I was a fan of the regular vitamin water to begin with.
  • swopeswick
    swopeswick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love to brew my own unsweetened iced tea and drink it with a wedge of lemon. I have always been a total soda freak, but over the last year, this has allowed me to stay away from soda (except for the occasional one on the weekend and/ or with my captain and coke). I really try not to drink soda or high calorie drinks during the week because they are a waste of calories and will quickly sabbotage your fitness goals. But, on the weekend, after a great week of training and eating right, a little soda won't hurt you!

Good Luck!
  • swopeswick
    swopeswick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Also, Powerade Zero is good! I always HATED (and still do hate) diet soda because of the after taste. PZ has a great flavor, zero calories, and only the tiniest of after tastes. I cannot stomach the after taste on ANY diet sodas, but I love PZ.
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    Vitamin water 10
    Vitamin water 0
    Coke Zero
    Cranergy (25 cals per serving)
    Diet Snapple (Doesn't taste gross anymore!)
    Alot of diet drinks taste way better then they used to any many of them have 0 Calories...
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    Also, Powerade Zero is good! I always HATED (and still do hate) diet soda because of the after taste. PZ has a great flavor, zero calories, and only the tiniest of after tastes. I cannot stomach the after taste on ANY diet sodas, but I love PZ.

I'm the same way but Coke Zero's not too bad.
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    Sometimes I throw a herbal tea bag into my water bottle, and just leave it in there while I drink. The fruity ones are the best, it reminds me almost of unsweetened Kool-Aid but it's totally natural and refreshing.

Also, if I'm feeling especially 'fancy' I will add a bit of muddled mint leaves and a splash of lime juice to my water -- like a 0 calorie virgin mojito! YUM. Sparkling water / Perrier works great for this too.

The only 'diet' drink I still really like is FRESCA. Delicious!
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Ocean Spray diet (not light) Cran-grape is my favorite at only 5 cals per 8oz serving. Plain diet cranberry is pretty good too, and they have several other flavors. Now if only they made a 5 calorie beer! :)
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    Lipton makes a diet green tea with citrus that I really like for a big ole zero in calories.
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    Vitamin Water and Sobe both have zero calorie versions...I prefer these to soda now!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I love water with a splash of lemon juice. I have become so use to it that when I drink a diet drink of any kind it taste way too sweet?
  • tdh302
    tdh302 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you are on the East Coast (Philadelphia, NJ, NY, DE, northern MD) there is a great drink called Skinny Water that was developed by local guy - Pat Croce. Most of the flavors are great and it's 0 calories (uses Splenda type sweetener). I also like the others mentioned: Vitamin Water Zero, Fuze Slenderize. Also look for Diet Ocean Spray Blueberry ( 5 cals per 8 oz.) and Arizona De-caff Diet Green Tea (0 cals).