What are the top 3 things you do each day?

Options
I thought it would be interesting and helpful if some would share the top 3 things that they do "everyday" to further
their weight loss (or weight maintenance) success.

The 3 most important things that I do every day are:
1) Make 2 qts of Crystal Lite or Wyler's Peach Tea and add the juice of a whole lemon to it. (I love this stuff, and it helps me get my water intake since I tend not to like water, plus the lemon provides me with a fat burner.)
2) Eat my larger meal for breakfast or lunch, and have a fresh salad (or other low calorie or negative calorie foods) for my evening meal, and then try not to eat after 8pm.
3) Get in some exercise - if the day has been a sedentary one, then I deliberately do some step exercises, etc.

There are other things that I do, but I consider these the 3 most important ones.

Replies

• acakeforawife
    Options
    Fun! For me it's:

1) WRITE DOWN WHAT I EAT. I've been tracking here for a couple months, but I also keep a paper journal, and have written down LITERALLY EVERYTHING I've eaten for the past year and a half. Seriously. Nothing is more crucial to me than seeing it all written down on paper.

2) Drink at least 2 litres of water. More if I'm working out.

3) Read a lot of blogs and MFP posts! Honestly, it helps so much to fill your brain up with this stuff, there's not a day that I don't learn something or take some inspiration from someone else's story.
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    1. Drink my protein drink for break fast!

2. Eat a healthy dinner

3. spend an hour at the gym
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    1. I pray for my friends and family and ask God to be part of my weight loss/healthy lifestyle.
    2. I plan out the days meals.
    3. I get my exercise in.
    4. I shoot for a min of drinking 1 gallon of water.
    5. I stay positive and focused on God.
  • fitzio1015
    fitzio1015 Posts: 168
    Options
    1) log onto my fitnesspal.....to plan out my day (meals)

2)go for a 30-40 minute walk( gets me motivated and gets my energy)

3) try to stay within my daily goals ( take it one day at a time)
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    1) Make sure to DRINK my WATER (not just "fluid" intake :devil: I try to cheat) I don't consider it cheating when I use the Zero or 5 Cal flavorings (I love Great Value Cherry Limeade, Strawberry Banana Orange, Fruit Punch and occassionally Iced Tea) Because I hate water (yes hate, not just dislike) :grumble:

2) Make sure I get up and MOVE (i.e. walk, exercise, etc) anything to balance out sitting all day for work

3) Take my daily vitamins (I notice I don't get as hungry because my body isn't "looking/needing" for nurtients)

Nothing special or crazy. Just smart moves I can live with!

I absolutely LOVE logging in and tabulating ALL that I ate :laugh: . Even when I'm over, it gives me will-power to eat smarter the next day. But I'm backwards like that :flowerforyou:
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    1) I exercise everyday, for no less then 2 hours.

2) I preplan my entire day's diet the night before.

3) I eat only protein foods after 4p.m, my largest meal is my breakfast
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    Golly! I forgot to include the daily diary - but then that would be "4" top things! LOL
    But I also weigh myself everyday (although it's NOT recommended by advisors; so sh, don't tell), and that would be "5"!
    And number 6 is: I SMILE a whole lot more during the day than I used to...
    I guess I've established SEVERAL new routines (including reading MFP threads) since starting on this site. :O) :love:
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    1) eat within one hour of waking
    2) take my multi-vitamin every day
    3) pre-plan the next day's meal the night before
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    1) Meditation, Reflection and Prayer
    2) Log food
    3) Exercise 30-60 minutes
    4) Take my medication
    5) End the day by acknowledging my gratitudes
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    1. Plan out my meals the night before so I know exactly what I'm eating
    2. Watch my sodium and balance it out with lots of water (at least 4L a day, more if I have excess sodium)
    3. Keep involved on MFP with my June Starters. Shout out to you awesome ladies!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    1. I log every thing I eat
    2. work out 45-60 min. (okay only 6 days but close enouf right?)
    3. read other post on MFP
    4. eat something within an hour of getting up
    5. plan out my meals for the days

I am sure there is more but can't think of them now.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    1. Set a pitcher of water on the counter, next to the fridge (ice box...ha ha)

2. Get into my workout attire ASA I roll outta bed.

3. I Give thanks to my Higher Power for it all.

Great topic...learning a lot! Thanks.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    The top three things for me are.......

1.) Workout - If I don't workout first thing when I get up then I will just avoid it and not workout at all that day. So I have to make sure I get it done first thing in the morning!

2.) Drink at least 64oz of water a day - I fill up a water bottle that is 24oz and drink two of them before lunch then for the rest of the day I drink another 8oz here another 8oz there and by the end of the day I'm well over 10 glasses of water or 80oz.

3.) Get on myfitnesspal - Everyday after I workout I log on to myfitnesspal and put in all my exercises, breakfast and water intake so far for the day. I get on a couple more times throughout the day to log all my stuff and make sure I am staying on track.

Well that's it!!!!! I am pretty dedicated to doing this every single day because I know it's going to pay off in the end.
  • earlie
    earlie Posts: 22
    Options
    1. First thing is pray and give thanks
    2. Tell my husband I love him
    3. plan meals and exercise for the day