Why does it bother me when..

Options
imagymrat
imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
People spell the word lose wrong. You want to LOSE weight so that your pants become LOOSE! this drives me nuts...rant is over..:explode: :tongue:

Replies

• beccasetsfire
    Options
    I drive my one friend crazy correcting his spelling so I know how you feel... :smile:
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Me too!! All those simple, learned to spell in grade school errors make me nuts!:grumble:
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    Hahahaha, well, I can say YOU ARE NOT ALONE! :laugh:
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    LOL---Ditto! I have a list of spelling errors that drive me crazy!
  • imagymrat
    Options
    :laugh: :happy: Don't get me started. :laugh: I’m willing to bet that they’re, there, and their are among the most commonly misspelled and misused words in the English language. Just another way to annoy me :laugh: My poor kids will no longer allow me to check their English homework! :smile:
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    Oh don't get me started!! I absoulutely HATE incorrect grammar!

Especially on facebook when the younger generation (says me age 23 lol) use text speak or write 'lyk dis' and you can't understand a word they are saying! Or when people say for example 'I'm going too the supermarket'...erm, wouldn't it be easier to just write 'to' which is what it's supposed to be anyway?!?!

GRRR!!! :explode:

hehe
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'll be "hear" for you when you get annoyed at "there" use of bad grammar!! ugh...I'm SOOOO with you...especially that "lose and loose" example!!
  • imagymrat
    Options
    I'll be "hear" for you when you get annoyed at "there" use of bad grammar!! ugh...I'm SOOOO with you...especially that "lose and loose" example!!
    Hahaha! that was "to" funny :laugh:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    what bothers me is the fact that this same issue has been brought up a zillion times..
    Obviously some people don't to it intentionally...
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Speak for all of us poor spellers...AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I use to hate that I couldn't spell untill I read that Einstien was a poor speller. I figured if he was that smart and couldn't spell then I could live with my being a poor speller. He wsa once asked why he didn't spell better and his reply was, "I don't comit to memory things that can be looked up." :laugh: :laugh: You gotta love that logic!

I tend to be more tolerant of poor spelling than I am of poor grammer. I actually didn't marry a man because of his poor english. I asked him why he didn't correct his english and he said I knew what he ment so why bother. Have I also mentioned how much I hate lazy people?:explode:
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    Hehe I posted a short rant on this a month or two ago. The discussion sparked a multi-page fight (I was not much of a participant, but others were very passionate) so I caution you...but I agree entirely.
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    What a petty little thing to get annoyed about. :\
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: You girls are so funny.
  • imagymrat
    Options
    What a petty little thing to get annoyed about. :\
    [/quot

We all have our little quirks, you included, this happens to be mine. :tongue:
  • imagymrat
    Options
    GOOSEFRABBA!!! :wink: :smile: :tongue:
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    Oh don't get me started!! I absoulutely HATE incorrect grammar!

Especially on facebook when the younger generation (says me age 23 lol) use text speak or write 'lyk dis' and you can't understand a word they are saying! Or when people say for example 'I'm going too the supermarket'...erm, wouldn't it be easier to just write 'to' which is what it's supposed to be anyway?!?!

GRRR!!! :explode:

hehe

I also just realised I spelled absolutely wrong :laugh:
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    "Supposably" Arrgghh!
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    "Supposably" Arrgghh!

Nucular.

Oh my god, that makes me insane.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm such a Grammar police person too!!! "I want to loose wait!"
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    AMEN to this topic! "Their" "They're" and "There"... Learn it, love it. That's the one that gets me the most!