Doing insanity (week 3) ..is this a suitable diet?

Options
Tarhaz
Tarhaz Posts: 2 Member
I need to sort my diet out!
I am 17 in college all day and it really is hard to find time in the day to sit and eat.
All together I should be eating 2038cal which is split into 400cal per meal
I’m also on the insanity programme and on week 3 (but repeating week 2(this week) workout because i missed 3 workouts due to having the flu).

Are there any changes I should make? Is there anything wrong with this diet plan?

Insanity Workout at 4:15am

1) 6am breakfast = veggie omelette (2 whole eggs,2 egg whites+ onions + whole grain toast+ an orange) or 1 cup high protein whole grain cereal + 2/3 soy milk
(From insanity nutrition guide)
2) 9am mid-morning snack= 1 ripe banana blended with strawberries smoothie nothing else + water nothing else added
3)12pm lunch= tuna+ cut up tomatoes + fresh apple
4)3pm mid afternoon snack= 1 ripe mango+ fresh strawberries blended together into a smoothie+ water
5)6pm dinner= 2/3 cup of brown rice +grilled chicken and corn and peas
(From insanity nutrition guide)

In bed at 8:30pm max.

Replies

• GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Meals 2 and 4 don't look like they would have any protein. Maybe try adding some greek yogurt? I'm also doing Insanity and love the nutrition plan. Feel free to check out my diary for ideas.

4:15am...yikes
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming your smoothie has no protein as you say "nothing else". I'd say the only thing else you need is atleast 1 protein shake in there. Preferably, right after your workout. If your asking b/c you don't see the results yet...Don't fret. They'll come! Just keep up the great work!

Good Luck!