Best Butt toning exercises????

Options
So anyone have any tips for butt exercises? i want that bubble butt look but firm any tips ladies?

Replies

• DostThouEven
    Options
    squats and deadlifts as top priority. glute bridge>hip thrust progression secondary.
  • 18CollegeGirl
    Options
    That's one of my goals, too! To both tone and build muscle in your butt (thus giving it the "bubble butt" look), you need to burn any excess fat on it. This excess fat is what's giving your behind a flat, droppy look. As you probably know, the key to burning fat in a certain area is building muscle in that area. Building muscle will tone that area of your body and make it more pronounced. All of that said, you're going to need to do cardio and strength training to get the butt you want.

Strength training:
    -Squats--SO important in toning your butt and by far the best exercise for this area. Squats target all three of the muscles in your butt, which is why they're so great for this.
    -Leg press
    -Standing kickbacks
    -Lunges
    -Kickboxing

Cardio:
    -Elliptical (do intervals!)
    -Hiking
    -Stairs (if you work out at a gym, see if there's a stairmaster machine there--they're great)
    -Running (remember to press through your heels)

I've been doing this for only a week and I'm already seeing results--I have a long way to go, but my backside feels tighter, firmer, and a little more lifted. All of these exercises worked wonders for my friend, who has been doing them for only a few months and inspired me to get my butt moving (literally!)

Good luck :)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Walking/weighted lunges... hip thrusters... single leg deadlifts.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Run. Squat. Lunge.
  • homegirl614
    homegirl614 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've been doing squats everyday for the past couple months, and i just started doing lunges. My butt looks soooo good. I am obsessed with it, I am always looking at my butt in the mirror, lol.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts, lunges.
    I do squats & romanian deads once a week (leg day) and lunges twice a week. I do lunges on the smith machine.... I have child sized hands so dumbell lunges are just a pain in the a$s.
  • beachluvr19
    Options
    SQUATS, LUNGES, & DEADLIFTS.

I only do squats and deadlifts... I cannot stand lunges... I know I need to get into it again but I am seeing a huge difference just from those two!
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS

tumblr_mclkntjdFT1rpt241o1_500.jpg

edited to add, there is a pair of compression underwear there, being moved out of the way to show muscle definition, this is not nudity or seduction or anything.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Options
    SQUATS, LUNGES, & DEADLIFTS.

I only do squats and deadlifts... I cannot stand lunges... I know I need to get into it again but I am seeing a huge difference just from those two!

LUNGES = OW MY KNEEEEEEEEZ
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS

edited to add, there is a pair of compression underwear there, being moved out of the way to show muscle definition, this is not nudity or seduction or anything.

Sure buddy . . . . :wink:

OP
    squats, deadlifts, glute bridges, hyper extensions, romanian deadlifts, Slide board reverse lunges
  • northfresh
    northfresh Posts: 111
    Options
    SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS

DAYUM GRRRL
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS

That's actually my wallpaper on my phone.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS

this is not seduction or anything.

You sure? cause it's working!
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Default answer is squats/deads/lunges but if you want to isolate then Butt Blaster machine, weighted butt bridges, or rear leg lifts.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    squats, interval training with cardio machines.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    For best results, do all the above first while in a deficit to reduce body fat, then follow it up with a slight calorie surplus to increase muscle mass. Then do a final cut to reveal those sexy, muscular legs and butt.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Options
    SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS

DAYUM GRRRL

THIS IS NOT ME!! lolol just an inspirational biz

this is me:

l1499415581.jpg
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    ^^Ya sure ya didn't just put your pants back on? :tongue:
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    squats and deadlifts as top priority. glute bridge>hip thrust progression secondary.

Yep, though I prefer shoulders elevated weighted glute bridges as they bother my back less.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS

That is definitely one of the most perfect legs/butt I have ever seen. I'm sure she does heavy squats lunges and deads!!!! That's what I do, along with step ups and kettlebell swings, leg extensions and leg press. Then I also do HIIT on off days, and do plyometric lunges.