Ladies, which side do you part your hair on?

Options
Every time I go to the salon and they're styling my hair at the end, they part it on the "wrong" side. I finally just decided I'd give it a try to see what the deal was. Nothing has changed. No one has remarked. I know this is a silly question, but has anyone else thought about this?

I used to part it on my right, now it's on my left.

Which side do you part on? Do you have a reason for doing it on that side?

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Hair, whats that?
  • TheSteelerGirl
    Options
    Bald is beautiful :happy:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    my hair wants to have a centre parting. A centre parting does not suit me at all. I look like Neil from the Young Ones with a centre parting (well, not quite, I'm female and nowhere near as tall and smile a lot more, but you get the idea re. hairstyle, or am I showing my age and Britishness here???). I want my hair to do a side parting, don't care whether right or left, both look better than the centre parting. My hair thinks otherwise.
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    i have a habit of parting it to the left... if i try to part it on the right, it doesnt want to lay right
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Every time I go to the salon and they're styling my hair at the end, they part it on the "wrong" side. I finally just decided I'd give it a try to see what the deal was. Nothing has changed. No one has remarked. I know this is a silly question, but has anyone else thought about this?

I used to part it on my right, now it's on my left.

Which side do you part on? Do you have a reason for doing it on that side?

Part along the center. If it's a short center-parting then I'm very likely slack-slap-dashing about - usually means I'm running through a very tight day - chock-a-block. If it's a long center-parting, then I'm wearing my hair down and out (chilling about the place - relaxing) or when wearing a center-parting with my pig-tails - that'll most likely be when I'm about to do anything I interpret as arduous (working out possibly) or am working with my hair treatments or very likely - long hours at work (meeting after meeting), with my hair in a tight bun (classic/chignon/plait/braid), to last the long-haul; off the face and off the shoulders.

Parting towards my left /right means I'm stuck in my home office wearing my hair down - long hours, where my parting naturally falls on the side I am feeling "the weight," of whatever it is I'm occupied with.

* I wear my hair with ALL partings (middle/left/right/short/long and right through) with hair down/in a bun/a chignon/a pony tail/a braid/a plait. I clearly don't disfavour a side.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I generally do a deep left side part, but lately I've been rocking dead center and kinda like it.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Right.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Don't you tell your stylist which side you part on? Mine always ask. And if they don't ask, tell them. It affects how they cut it, especially for layers.

And your hair gets "trained" to lay a certain way when you part it to that side. You can retrain it if you want, but it will be a pain in the *kitten* until it grows out enough to be angled the way you want it.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Neither! Mine is really short and sticks up everywhere!
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    and these conversations are why all my friends are dudes.
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    left!!
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Usually left. I I want to part it right I have to use clips or bobby pins to keep it in place.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    LOL I part mine on the right....and my hair stylist knows that :happy:
  • pandagirlshonerd
    pandagirlshonerd Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I wake up and my hair parts, whichever way it falls, it remains. There is not controlling it.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I part it on my left. Whenever I look in the mirror at a later point in time it's parted on the right (and no, it is not the mirror image! It changes to a perfect right parting). It drives me insane. Sometimes it parts itself in the middle which is almost as bad as being parted on the right. My hair does a square thing at the fringe when it's on the right and it looks bizarre.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    So disappointed. :frown:
  • kimmynw1
    kimmynw1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ok so I part mine on the right and yes there is a reason. My right eye is not as open as my left, therefore by having a part over my eye it appears to be larger. :smile: Always tell your stylist your preference because it does make a difference in cutting!
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    my hair wants to have a centre parting. A centre parting does not suit me at all. I look like Neil from the Young Ones with a centre parting (well, not quite, I'm female and nowhere near as tall and smile a lot more, but you get the idea re. hairstyle, or am I showing my age and Britishness here???). I want my hair to do a side parting, don't care whether right or left, both look better than the centre parting. My hair thinks otherwise.

Love the Young Ones! My grown daughters and I still quote the show quite often (Pollution All around. Sometimes up. And sometimes down. But always around. Pollution, are you coming to my town? Or am I coming to yours?)

I part my hair in the middle, which it naturally wants to do, but have bangs, too.
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Mine naturally parts in the middle, but I have a very pronounced widow's peak, so I don't like it parting there because it makes it look even MORE pronounced.
    Luckily, I can pretty much part it anywhere I like, so usually over my right eye. I can do left, but I don't like the look.

Sometimes, too, i'll pull the centre (around 3") right back , and have the sides go down. I need pins for that, tho.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Are we talking about which side to part the hair on landing strips?