Hi there, been at this for a month.

Options
I didn't even realize there was a community until last week or so, to be honest. I just happened to notice something along the side while logging food and voila. WOW! Other people dealing with the same situations I am, hehe. It definitely made me feel not so alone in all of this.

I got off my rear end back at the end of January and realized I didn't want to meet my 32nd birthday at 300 lbs, so I started dancing and walking and just ... moving while watching Lord of the Rings. Then I found this site. I've lost almost 20 lbs in that time, which makes me want to dance more in excitement. It's been rough, though, trying not to go over sugars and salts, proteins, all of that. It always feels like I'm sliding back whenever I go over them.

And, while my husband does try to support me in this, he isn't exactly gung ho to join the diet routine. So it feels nice to meet others who are struggling their way and succeeding. I've seen a lot of the weight loss photos of a few of the folks on here, too, and it's all the more encouraging to think I could someday look like that.

Sorry to ramble on. I just wanted to say hello to everyone and thank all the folks out there for being inspiring, even if they don't realize that they are.

Replies

• StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    20 lbs is a great start! Keep at it and stay active on this site. It has helped so many.