HRM help please.

Options
Wanting advice, opinions, suggestions on purchasing a good HRM for women that actaully works!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Put HRM in the Search (above here) and you'll find pages and pages of it.
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    girl did you not get my post telling you that the polar does have a xsmall strap, you have to order it seperately , but polar is the best...go ahead and get you one then order the strap on amazon
  • JMorales617
    Options
    yes I got your post but I've been researching so many lately I cant decide! and some have this chest strap thing that sounds uncomfortable but I heard they work best.
  • ereach4731
    ereach4731 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4, love it. It does just want I need it to do (track heart rate, calories burned, and keep record of it.) The strap is very comfortable. I usually tuck it under my bra and forget it's there. I got mine at www.heartratemonitorsusa.com. It was $65 on sale and I got the strap for FREE. The strap I got goes from 24" to 76" but they offer 2 or 3 different sizes. Good luck!
  • JMorales617
    Options
    I bought one that is just the watch but it doesnt work well AT ALL
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 as well, I haven't had it very long but I really like it, as for the chest strap i thought the same thing, but once you start working out you don't even notice it!
  • ereach4731
    ereach4731 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Let me be honest.

I have the polar strap which I find to be very cozy. It's a wide band, adjustable. I tuck it under my bra just b/c I don't want to slide. (Not saying it slides, I'm just being OCD.)

My boyfriend finds the strap to ok. Then again, he's never worn a bra, so he isn't used to the idea of a strap around his chest while he moves. Even if he wears a cliny shirt, you can't tell that he is wearing it.
  • arsan
    arsan Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love my polar ft60 but I see a lot of people using the polar ft4 around $61.00 and the polar ft7 around $76.00 and if you go with Polar, make sure it's the one with the newer H1 transmitter chest strap.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4 also! =) Keep the transmitter away from your 'girls' and you'll be fine. I just make sure my bra covers it.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 here (got new off eBay), I barely feel the strap btw. I've got the black with bronze stripe on the band.
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm of a smaller minority where I use a Zephyr Hxm Bluetooth HRM. Absolutely love this monitor, pairs up with my smartphone and I personally use an app called Endomondo which syncs with MFP. The HxM model goes for around 70$.

Zephyr company deals with medical, military and pro athletes so is a very good monitor.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Let me be honest.

I have the polar strap which I find to be very cozy. It's a wide band, adjustable. I tuck it under my bra just b/c I don't want to slide. (Not saying it slides, I'm just being OCD.)

My boyfriend finds the strap to ok. Then again, he's never worn a bra, so he isn't used to the idea of a strap around his chest while he moves. Even if he wears a cliny shirt, you can't tell that he is wearing it.

I kept mine inside my bra to keep it from sliding around.. I didn't have any issues for the first few times.. I ended up with 2 big raw spots =( At first when I saw it I thought the dog scratched me climbing all over me. It was the transmitter.. I didn't even realize it was happening! It wont slide around if its tight enough =) I make sure my sports bra goes over it to keep it away.. I tuck the rest under though.
  • tonitass
    tonitass Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4, love it. It does just want I need it to do (track heart rate, calories burned, and keep record of it.) The strap is very comfortable. I usually tuck it under my bra and forget it's there. I got mine at www.heartratemonitorsusa.com. It was $65 on sale and I got the strap for FREE. The strap I got goes from 24" to 76" but they offer 2 or 3 different sizes. Good luck!

I bought the same one, Polar FT4, and the strap is not a problem. You don't even feel it. I work out and swim with mine. The watch is waterproof as long as you don't press the buttons under water. The straps are also adjustable, so they should fit anyone.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I really like my polar ft4. I had an old sportline but I couldn't replace the battery myself. This polar has easy access to the battery.
  • EmmaLA16
    EmmaLA16 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've got the Polar FT4 and I find it really good. I too wear the strap under my sports bra so it doesn't feel as if I'm wearing one. I had mine from Amazon.
  • JMorales617
    Options
    Thanks! It def looks like Polar is the way to go! you win sunshine lol
  • EmmaLA16
    EmmaLA16 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I bought the same one, Polar FT4, and the strap is not a problem. You don't even feel it. I work out and swim with mine. The watch is waterproof as long as you don't press the buttons under water. The straps are also adjustable, so they should fit anyone.

I didn't realise I could wear mine to swim, thats brilliant, thank you for posting that little gem of info x
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7.
  • mgsimon
    mgsimon Posts: 18
    Options
    Polar FT60. Chest strap no prob. I love it
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    ok so one person wrote the FT4 fits 24 inches and up and I'm 27 around and it wont' even touch my skin, Jessica the strap does not bother you it's the best way to get an accurate reading..it's just finding one that fits your small body frame

*** ok just looked at that webpage the www.heartratemonitorusa and they do have it where you can order an extra small and it's got free shipping right now!!! SCORE!!! I'm all over this :love: