CELLULITE?

Options
Have any of you ladies who have had successful weight loss seen a reduction in cellulite? Or have you tried anything that's worked for you to reduce it? For example..drinking more water or a certain exercise

Replies

• bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting-squats especially, helped me a LOT. It isn't totally gone, but it isn't as noticeable now and is mostly gone from my upper thighs. Still on my butt, but at least that is covered, even in a swimsuit;-)
    I also changed my diet to include a lot more protein, less carbs(not NO carb-just lower and most of my carbs are veggies or legumes). I've lost 15 lbs so far.
    So, I cannot say it was for sure the weight lifting or the diet-probably a combo of the 2;-)
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bump....because I would really like to know too!! :)
  • ivichiong
    Options
    ^^ This!! I was just going to ask the same question! Mine is in my inner thighs ugh!
  • cortneysmissionpossible
    Options
    Weightlifting-squats especially, helped me a LOT. It isn't totally gone, but it isn't as noticeable now and is mostly gone from my upper thighs. Still on my butt, but at least that is covered, even in a swimsuit;-)
    I also changed my diet to include a lot more protein, less carbs(not NO carb-just lower and most of my carbs are veggies or legumes). I've lost 15 lbs so far.
    So, I cannot say it was for sure the weight lifting or the diet-probably a combo of the 2;-)

Might be a stupid question but what exactly do you do for a weight lifting squat? the kind where you hold a weight between your legs and ..squat?..lol
    Options

Might be a stupid question but what exactly do you do for a weight lifting squat? the kind where you hold a weight between your legs and ..squat?..lol

also..congrats on the weight loss!!
  • Runningnorth
    Runningnorth Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I don't have half as much on the back of my thighs..I do lunges and squats and recently started walking/running so I think that has helped some..
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Spinning regularly has really helped mine A LOT! Not gone entirely but much better for sure.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Also good diet and exercise helps reduce varicose veins.

it's probably the combo of the two getting it down.. and it will be a slow process. Really wish those creams worked. LOL
  • EmmaLA16
    EmmaLA16 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just read an article in a health and fitness magazine and it said that running is one of the best exercises for getting rid of cellulite and also drink loads of water along with it. It also said to exfoliate the problem area regularly and massage in a good skin oil.

I'm definitely going to start running more as I have some on my thighs and I hate it.
  • Sheilagh85
    Sheilagh85 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Running and weight training helps significantly. Cellulite doesn't really run in my family so I'm lucky but the times I've gained weight I have ended up with lots of cellulite, front,back, and inner thighs. I run daily and I almost have zero cellulite at this point. I also do exfoliate with a cream that does contain caffeine, helps reduce it a lot. I started running again in November and now its March and its mostly all gone, just so people can see a time frame.

Something to always remember though, is that cellulite is hereditary so that can determine your cellulite fate!
    Options
    Also good diet and exercise helps reduce varicose veins.

it's probably the combo of the two getting it down.. and it will be a slow process. Really wish those creams worked. LOL

omg RIGHT. haha I wish.
    Options
    Running and weight training helps significantly. Cellulite doesn't really run in my family so I'm lucky but the times I've gained weight I have ended up with lots of cellulite, front,back, and inner thighs. I run daily and I almost have zero cellulite at this point. I also do exfoliate with a cream that does contain caffeine, helps reduce it a lot. I started running again in November and now its March and its mostly all gone, just so people can see a time frame.

Something to always remember though, is that cellulite is hereditary so that can determine your cellulite fate!

awesome! thanks so much. My mom has really thin legs but is a bit top heavy and no cellulite but i'm not sure about my dads side.
    what kind of cream do you use to exfoliate with?
    Options
    bump on my own post ha
  • RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    Options

It's where you either have a barbell or Dumbbells and do squats.

I don't have access to a barbell so I use dumbbells. Squats and lunges have been helping me out a ton in the cellulite department. :) Also, the deeper you squat (and form is important here) the more you work out your buns!
  • rachaelheaney
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • Fibergurl
    Fibergurl Posts: 44
    Options
    Squats, my raw diet and my daily walk up three hills.
  • dmkirk28
    dmkirk28 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    why is everyone writing cellulite weird???
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a reduction with just losing weight (yay!) but I know I had some even when I was this height and 95 lbs (boo!). I've more or less made peace with the fact that it will never be totally gone. Not worth stressing over or not wearing shorts over if I can't be rid of it.

When I get closer to my goal, I'm going to shift more of my dedicated exercise time to weights. I'll try to make an effort to report back and say if it helped the cellulite problem.

If it did, I would seriously lift for life just on that basis alone :wink:!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!