going out for happy hour

maryroseclare
maryroseclare Posts: 39
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm going to happy hour tonight with some friends to Maggianos. They have 1/2 off appetizers so that's what we usually eat there. I'm trying to figure out ahead of time what I can eat. I'm going to have a diet coke instead of alcohol, and I was thinking maybe the caprese (tomato/mozz) salad, or tomato bruschetta. I called them and they don't have nutritional information available. I really don't want to blow it. Any ideas?

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    This is a tricky one...first would you consider having a seltzer with lemon instead of diet coke? Sometimes not having something sweet tasting helps you to resist.

I like both of your ideas...as for the bruschetta idea if you can limit the bread that goes with it, then go for it.

You can always do bit of excercise to increase your allotted calories.

D
  • Thanks for the ideas!
  • I love caprese salad and bruschetta both. Try to stick to a healthy portion, and you'll be fine. As for a drink, I don't view soda as a healthy alternative so I would recommend for a happy hour having a vodka soda --with a splash of cranberry if you like a little sweetness. It's somewhere around 100 calories, I believe.

And be sure to have fun, happy hours are great!
  • thanks for the idea - what's a vodka soda - vodka & seltzer? :)
  • You probably already had the happy hour haha, but a vodka soda is vodka with club soda. It's generally ordered as "a vodka soda" or more commonly "vodka soda with a splash of cran"

But yeah, around the house from time to time, I have a vodka with flavored seltzer water, wild cherry is my favorite!
This discussion has been closed.