Another ? for those doing the C25K

candicemcl
candicemcl Posts: 59
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
How do you log it? I don't have a HRM and this early in my lifestyle changes not looking to get one just yet. I am interested in trying out the C25K within the next mth or less but not sure how I would track my calories for this. I am waiting for my nike + sensor to come in the mail which I am sure will help with trying to see my calories. My sister in law is in Boston this weekend to run the marathon on Monday and although I may never do a full marathon like that, I am inspired by her especially for her 2nd time there, AND her son is only 5mths old so the fact she got back into training and is going to do this again I find so amazing!
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• ~bump~

anyone??
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    My method is a little time-consuming and I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it probably gets in the ballpark. I time my entire outing, including the warm up and cool down and then I plot it on Gmaps Pedometer to figure out how far I went. Then, I figure out what my mph was and use that. I'm still in the first few weeks, so it is still a lot of walking so right now it averages out as being "very very brisk walking" in the exercise selections on MFP.
  • Thanks, I use that site now to track my distance and calories to compare to MFP so that's great! I wasn't sure if I should try to break it down and total up the walking...then jogging but I like your idea atleast until I get my nike + sensor and hope that can give me more info on what I am doing
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    I figure once I am running for at least a 20 minute stretch, I'll just figure out my running speed and log that but right now this seems like the simplest way to get some kind of estimate at least. Good luck! I've got Day 3, Week 3 tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.