Sallybeee_fit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Everyday with this topic...

3934yu85yu4.gif

Lmfao.
  • Lovely_at_any_size
    Lovely_at_any_size Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I took a fitness course and water is only water.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I took a fitness course and water is only water.

Your fitness instructor may need to review high school chemistry.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    When I did WW years and years ago, they told us we could use diet soda, flavored sugar-free water, unsweetened/sugar-free tea and black coffee for half of our days water if we wanted, but that they only counted for half of their volume. For example 4 cups of water, 2 cups of unsweetened/sugar-free tea, 3 cups of diet soda and 3 cups of black coffee would could as 8 cups of water.

Personally, I do feel that the concept of drinking 8 cups of pure water every day being *absolutely* necessary is a bit outdated.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I don't log water at all. I just make sure I'm hydrated.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think people ask this question on purpose just to see the same people have the same arguments about it, day after day.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I don't actually keep track of how much water I drink.

Everyday I have a glass of water or a cup of tea (black or green) on my desk and I drink it as i feel like it, refilling when I need to, and I usually drink a glass of water with my dinner at night, and I drink a bottle of water when I am at the gym, and I just assume that all this is enough, and log it as 8 glasses of water.

If you are drinking 3-4 glasses of water a day and plenty of fruit and vegetables you are probably getting plenty of water to keep you hydrated.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options

"To determine how much water you should drink daily, divide your weight in pounds by two. This is the amount, in ounces, of water you should drink each day. For example, a 180-pound man should drink 90 ounces --- a little over 11 glasses --- of water per day. If you exercise regularly or heavily, you may need to drink more, the Diet Channel notes."

I'm sorry, but I am *not* drinking over 15 glasses of water a day.