Walking as a normal part of your day recorded?

Options
2»

Replies

• gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I only count it if it is not part of my normal routine. For example, I do not eat my exercise calories back on a daily basis, because I am counting food intake according to my TDEE at a lightly active level. But a few days per month I spend 2-3 hours cooking and serving a large meal at my kids school. I do log that and I eat back those calories as needed if I am hungry.

Another example, at work I am mostly at a desk with occational trips around the office. Some times though, I am called on to help clean, so I spend 5-6 hours that day doing vigorous cleaning. I log it as 2 hours, and eat those back as needed also.

These are examples of what I do, others may do things differently. You have to try it and decide what works for you.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    It depends on whether you count your daily walking toward your activity level or not. If you call yourself "sedentary," you could count the walking you do. If you call yourself "active," you should probably assume that your daily walking is just part of that increased caloric need.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I set my activity level to sedentary and I log all the walks I go on to make up for that. I don't log walking from desk to desk or at the grocery store. Just walking the dog and stuff like that. I think it depends on what activity level you choose.