Naked drinks?

Options
Has anyone tried the NAKED drinks?
I saw them at walmart, but honestly couldn't bring myself to spending $5.00 on one drink.
I thought about trying them but they just seem so pricey.

Any good alternatives?

Replies

• chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    juice your own fruit and veggies. more juice for your money.
  • thirstyflea
    thirstyflea Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    They're great, but super pricey (and high in sugar). I used to drink one as a meal so they didn't feel too expensive to me at the time. Where do you live?!? I never paid more than like $3-4 for one and I used to live in NYC! I do miss the Green Machine- looks gross tastes like apple juice!

But I agree with chooselove, juice on your own if you want to get into fruit smoothies ;-)
  • srach21
    srach21 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm from Oklahoma. It depends on which town I'm shopping in. I am just trying to find something
    easy for me to do since I live in a college dorm. (:
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    juice your own fruit and veggies. more juice for your money.

I just pulled out my juicer last week - never used it before and I am AMAZED at how much juice comes out of a granny smith apple and even a carrot - amazing
  • PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I will drink them in a pinch, otherwise, I use my own blender to make my homemade smoothies.
  • srach21
    Options
    Where did ya'll find your juicers at? I may need to look into getting one!
  • Momma_of3
    Momma_of3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am in LOVE with these drinks. Expensive, yes. I don't really mind the price though. Yes, they are very high in sugar, but at least it is natural sugar. I do believe that these fruit drinks are good for the body; however juicing your own drinks sound really good too!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I thought your title said naked drunks... and that is why I clicked on it!

Nope no naked drinks for me.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    if you decide to buy some, costco has a 12 pack (3 dif flavors) that are single serving 8oz drinks.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    So freaking expensive. I'd rather just have milk.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Eh. I like them. Especially the Green Machine but really, I cant plunk down that kind of money on that stuff. Your're better off making yourself a smoothie at home and adding protein powder. Or better yet, eating your calories.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Much beeter off just eating several pieces of fruit that day. At least then you get some fibre in your diet and not a sugar rush!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    They are tasty but contain a lot of sugar. Plus, I hate the fact that it's around 2.5 servings per bottle.
  • srach21
    Options
    Yeah, we don't have a Costco here. :/ It's Oklahoma. lol.

I think I'll just end up doing the fruit or smoothie route.

Sounds like I get more for my $ that way.

Thanks for your input, everyone!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat your fruits and veggies instead of drinking a juice? A juice removes the fiber and some other nutrients from the food. A juice is not as filling as eating the actual item.
  • harleenarang
    harleenarang Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have tried almost all of the Naked Juices - Liked some, Didn't like some and loved some. Yes they are expensive but the $4-$5 bottle is not 1 drink as u said - Its 2 servings so read that carefully else u r taking a good 240 - 260 calories in one drink - No point.

See - If you can get the bigger bottles - they are cheaper too - The bigger bottle is 64oz and its around 7 bucks depending on where u buy it. I have seen stores selling it from 7 -10 bucks for the same bottle - so do a little hunting. The juices are good full of nutrients, nice flavor and i know the sugar content is high (but i guess its all natural sugar so shouldn't be that bad).

My concern with home squeezed juices is - I find getting the veggies and fruits more expensive and if you don't use them at the right time - they start going bad, i have thrown dollars in the bin thru fresh veggies coz i never had time to juice them. Naked juices are ready to go and come in protein zone variants as well.

My take on naked juices and smoothies - A very very healthy juice and must have 1 bottle in your refrigerator atleast. :)
  • boppy12345
    Options
    58% of your daily sugar in those bad boys.
  • barbaraellengarcia
    Options
    It's naked because it is missing the fiber.
  • windyrobotham
    windyrobotham Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a produce manager and I carry this line in my department. They are very good but when you look at the amount of fruit in the bottle it is way more than most people would ever eat in one sitting. Your better off just grabbing the fruit and eating it. You'll also save yourself some calories.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I get the large size Blue Machine which is 5 something and add a little to my OJ. DS likes their carrot juices; I look for sales and get them for about $3 and they very often have $1 off coupons too. But he doesn't drink a whole one either; one juice lasts several days.