Irritated short girl

Options
I am fairly new to MFP, and I haven't posted on here yet. I am five feet and one inch tall. After I log a treadmill workout, it will show up as moderate pace, walking dog. As if to say it was a leisurely stroll. With my short legs, this is just not the case. Over 3.5 or so mph, I must jog or run. I once witnessed my ex boyfriend, who is six feet and four inches tall, walk leisurely on his treadmill at four mph. He never broke a sweat or got winded. If I were to do that, it would be an outright run. So calories burned must be different. Even if it were a tall woman, wouldn't the calories burned be different and the description of the workout be different. Are any other short girls having problems? It's irritating. I think my height is skewing my progress.

Replies

• PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" so I understand... I almost am to the point I can walk at 4 mph.. its hard. However, I use my heart rate monitor to gauge my workout so I still know I am getting a great workout, even at 3.5 - 4.0 mph. Just keep it up, its not skewing your progress... you just can't use what the exercise default data says. I say, invest in a HRM... you will love it!