Exercise at Night

Options
2»

Replies

• jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. You have all given me some insightful information.
    Looks like I might do a few experiments over the next week to maybe see if I can find the one true culprit.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I exercise at the exact same schedule as you. I actually sleep better doing it that way.
  • jebreject
    jebreject Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't drink caffeine that late in the day.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    In my experience, exercise at any time of the day helps you sleep better. Melatonin is only a sleep aid in that it helps you fall asleep. It really doesn't have an impact on the quality of that sleep.

I don't really have any advice other than to try changing it up and see if it makes a difference. I toss and turn, but I've always tossed and turned. Rarely, do I wake up in the same place I started. I really didn't think that meant a poor quality sleep unless it's accompanied with actual waking up.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I have the same problem I am limited to when I can work out and it usually ends up being around 9 at night. I fall asleep okay but I am waking throughout the night. Not sure what to do about it either.
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Try not drinking any caffeine after lunch. I never thought that was the issue until I tried it and I sleep much better now.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I've never had any problems sleeping after a nighttime workout (I used to love running in the dark)

This article ran in USA Today a few days ago.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/04/sleep-survey-exercise-insomnia/1955117/