LA Fitness

kge0891
kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
Hey everyone!

So this summer I am going to be moving to a new apartment that will be conveniently located within walking distance of an LA fitness. Only problem? They're expensive! Best deal I've found was no registration and 39.99 per month, which is twice as much as I currently pay at RetroFitness. Does anyone know if LA holds promotions any time throughout the year where they lower their monthly rate? Thanks!

Replies

• fishhawk1400
    fishhawk1400 Posts: 15 Member
    What other competition is near there? I would leverage that to get a better deal. If there is a planet fitness near yuou check them out, They are offering 10 dollar a month dues.
  • All gyms typically need to meet a end of month quota . During this time it's easier to negotiate rates. I was a member of la fitness and only paid $24.99. If you pay for the entire year upfront they also cut you a break. The best times to join a gym and get the best rates are January & June. Hope I was helpful.:smile:
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    I pay 29.99 a month and I think thats with the extra to be able to go nationwide (dunno if thats standard or the rep was just blowing smoke up my *kitten*). I would def say something along the lines of you were going to go to planet fitness but they have a pool yada yada if you guys can give me X (whatever offer you are comfortable with)

worst they can do is tell you no, current offer is the best
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Thanks for the help everyone! I'll definitely try to bargain for a good rate!
  • erg2013
    erg2013 Posts: 84 Member
    I was a member for a few years... just a warning, they will hard sell personal training.