Today I overcame fear and self-doubt

Options
rgrin
rgrin Posts: 67 Member
For weeks, I've wanted to try 30DS, but was afraid. What if I couldn't even make it through the first 5 minutes? What if it hurt my knees? Don't you have to be smaller/fitter to attempt it?

Today, I did it! I did Level 1: Day 1. I followed Anita, and modified the jumping jacks to avoid hurting my knees, but I did it! I didn't stop to take a break in the middle. I didn't give up because it hurt too much. I didn't slow down because I was breathing heavy. I did it.

And then, this amazing transformation... I felt good about myself and what I was able to accomplish. It felt so good, and I realized that I've been putting myself on the back burner for far too long. I can't be a better mom to my kids by ignoring myself and my body! I hopped in the shower, shaved for the first time in a while, gave my dry skin a nice rub-down with lotion, plucked my overgrown brows, then painted my nails. No, my body doesn't look any firmer or tighter than it did this morning, but I feel much better about it, and I am going to take better care of myself now. This is just the beginning!

Replies

• pattypureheart
    pattypureheart Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    YAY! Congratulations for the biggest success of all... Continue to value yourself and have fun along the way!:flowerforyou:
  • pippacont
    pippacont Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I started today as well and to be honest, that was after trying a couple days ago and giving up well before 5 minutes in! Hope it goes well for you- don't forget to take your before pics!
  • Hjbaker
    Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    30DS is great, I watch Natalie most of the time but when I am buggered but need to keep going I swap to Anita, so glad that option is there, otherwise I might have stopped!

Congrats on facing your fear and for giving yourself some pampering, well deserved I say!
  • Bigbill810
    Bigbill810 Posts: 117
    Options
    Congrats! Incoming cliche: "The first step is always the hardest."

It's really silly, but true. Glad to hear you are owning it!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options

So true.
    Congrats, OP. Four more weeks and it's practically habit!
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Here is a good quote..... " you can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind."
  • wldrose75
    wldrose75 Posts: 128
    Options
    Big round of applause for you! :drinker: The first step is the hardest and you just made it a giant leap. It feels good to feel good about yourself, doesn't it?
  • cfbiii64
    cfbiii64 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    congrats...another bad cliche...keep putting one foot in front of the other! The journey begins.
  • juliette28
    Options
    Good for you!!! I have to say, I did 30DS for a couple of days last month, and my body ached so badly (you know it's bad when it's hard to get on and off the toilet) that I went back to my regular workout routine instead of continuing on with the program. However, in looking through the threads, someone said that if you can get through the first 4 or 5 days of pain, it gets a whole lot better. I am going to give it another shot sometime soon. Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • AncientLullaby_
    Options
    :drinker:
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options

^ What he said. GREAT job!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! You just made me realize that I've been neglecting a lot of the same things... and probably for the same reasons! Way to go!
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You can do this!! :)
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • Shug_E
    Shug_E Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The more you exercise, the better you will feel about everything! I have been exercising everyday for almost three weeks and I have so much energy that sometimes I can't go to sleep. It has almost become an addiction. Congrats and keep it up! You will see a diference sooner than you think.

For weeks, I've wanted to try 30DS, but was afraid. What if I couldn't even make it through the first 5 minutes? What if it hurt my knees? Don't you have to be smaller/fitter to attempt it?

Today, I did it! I did Level 1: Day 1. I followed Anita, and modified the jumping jacks to avoid hurting my knees, but I did it! I didn't stop to take a break in the middle. I didn't give up because it hurt too much. I didn't slow down because I was breathing heavy. I did it.

And then, this amazing transformation... I felt good about myself and what I was able to accomplish. It felt so good, and I realized that I've been putting myself on the back burner for far too long. I can't be a better mom to my kids by ignoring myself and my body! I hopped in the shower, shaved for the first time in a while, gave my dry skin a nice rub-down with lotion, plucked my overgrown brows, then painted my nails. No, my body doesn't look any firmer or tighter than it did this morning, but I feel much better about it, and I am going to take better care of myself now. This is just the beginning!
    [/quote]
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    So very proud of you!!! Now comes the real trick...keep doing it...don't let yourself down. You can do it!!! Keep us informed please.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • chera79
    chera79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! It's hard taking that first step, especially if you are scared to begin with. But pushing through even when you think you can't is an amazing feeling. I'm so happy for you for your success in overcoming that fear!
  • vesperpt
    vesperpt Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So glad you did it! It's crazy how many things we stop ourselves from doing because we are afraid! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!