Itchy Workout Gear?

Options
So I've had this problem for a while.

When I workout, especially when in cooler weather but sometimes even inside at the gym, my workout clothes will get really itchy against my skin ones I get into my workout.

Is this because of the fabric? Or maybe the fit? Something else?
It really bothers me and I can figure out what it is! I usually wear tight jogging pants that go to about mid calf and an oversized t-shirt.

Anyone?
Thanks!

Replies

• Prettyforafatgirl
    Prettyforafatgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    idk! but i wear all under armour heat gear and never am itchy, i wear their sport bras, shatter capris, running tights, ribbed tanks, and slub tanks, and socks! lol
  • MJ723
    MJ723 Posts: 5
    Options
    It might depend on what type of frabric detergent or softener you are using. Some are worse than others for workout gear and might cause some itchiness when you sweat depending on how sensitive your skin is. Not necessarily the case for everyone, but it's a thought!
  • vashnic
    vashnic Posts: 93
    Options
    Are your workout clothes the synthetic lycra/spandex kind or the cottony kind? I usually go in the synthetic fabric and haven't had issues. May consider seam placement, too, if the itchiness is mostly over those.
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It might depend on what type of frabric detergent or softener you are using. Some are worse than others for workout gear and might cause some itchiness when you sweat depending on how sensitive your skin is. Not necessarily the case for everyone, but it's a thought!

Yep, it's most likely fabric softener - or at least that's what it was for me. Once I stopped using dryer sheets the itchiness went away. Most of the dry-fit/wicking type workout gear I have tell you on the tag not to use any fabric softener...... which I noticed after the itchiness started.
  • ellgee119
    ellgee119 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!