Healthy eating & exercise but starting to gain weight?

Options
So I've been eating healthy and exercising regularly for almost 6 months now and I've gone from 183 to 163. But lately the scale has been going up and i am settling at 170 now. I don't know if i'm doing anything wrong. I have been drinking plenty of water, and I've been eating healthier these past few weeks than i have in a long time. My work out regimen is 5 days a week of track practice (I'm a thrower), 2-3 days of strength training class (core, cardio, and weight lifting) with Saturday and Sunday as my rest days. I even walk to and from school and practice. does anyone have any help for me?

Replies

• djozwiak1
    djozwiak1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you aren't just gaining lean muscle mass? How are your clothes fitting? How do you feel in general? You could try adjusting your MFP weight loss goal if you feel you aren't getting the results but it sounds like you are doing everything right.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    So I've been eating healthy and exercising regularly for almost 6 months now and I've gone from 183 to 163. But lately the scale has been going up and i am settling at 170 now. I don't know if i'm doing anything wrong. I have been drinking plenty of water, and I've been eating healthier these past few weeks than i have in a long time. My work out regimen is 5 days a week of track practice (I'm a thrower), 2-3 days of strength training class (core, cardio, and weight lifting) with Saturday and Sunday as my rest days. I even walk to and from school and practice. does anyone have any help for me?

I only went through a few days in your diary, I saw a day with 400 calories consumed, one with 600 calories consumed, and 1 with 1000 calories consumed. Is that really all you ate those days or are you not logging everything?

They key is to be consistent.

I would guess if you did eat more than what you logged you are either underestimating your calorie intake or overestimating your calories burned.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at your diary, so going by your word/post...

When you say that "lately" you've been goign up to 170... what's lately mean? Over what period of time? Did you readjust your calories at all after losing the initial 20 lbs?
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you aren't just gaining lean muscle mass? How are your clothes fitting? How do you feel in general? You could try adjusting your MFP weight loss goal if you feel you aren't getting the results but it sounds like you are doing everything right.

Unfortunately she would not be gaining muscle mass because she is simply not consuming enough calories.

OP, I think you need to get a handle on your eating before anything else. Some days you have a decent chunck of cals but more often you have dangerously low calories. If that is really how little you are eating, than you really need to work on increasing that quite a bit. If you are actually eating more you need to focus more on your food to ensure you aren't eating too much when you aren't tracking.