40/30/30 Friends

Options
mgobluetx12
mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
Hi! I've been logging my food and serious about getting healthy since July of last year. Things were going fine until September, when I only lost 2lbs all month. So, I changed my intake to 40/30/30 and I was back on track. I've lost 66lbs so far. I would love to have some friends who also eat 40/30/30. I'm active on here every day. Hope to see your FR soon!

Replies

• nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Do you mean carbs/protein/fat? If so, that would be me. My goal on MFP has been 40/40/20, but it usually ends up being the other.
  • mgobluetx12
    Options
    Yes, sorry, that's what I mean - 40% carbs/30% protein/30% fat.
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    That's what I thought, but always good to clarify. I have a hard time keeping the carbs down, I do love me some carbs.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    The more fat (my two main sources are coconut oil & olives/olive oil) I added to the diet, the better my skin, and energy have been.

Carbs to protein at 3:1 ratio after exercise works well. I try to eat my carbs after working out only. I know a lot of people are afraid of fat, but it should be embraced if gotten from the right source.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    It might be silly but should I be concerned about high carbs now that I've halved my protein?
    I'm not much of an exerciser, and may not burn them.
    Advice is welcome!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    It might be silly but should I be concerned about high carbs now that I've halved my protein?
    I'm not much of an exerciser, and may not burn them.
    Advice is welcome!

It depends. If your carbs are junk, (Kym, I know yours are not) then yea you should be concerned. But why would you halve your protein? Protein helps you gain lean body mass, even if you don't exercise a whole lot-but you do, all those walks etc that you do, you need protein to feed your muscles. If you get a majority of your carbs from real food (as opposed to some food company's version of "food"), you'll have enough energy all the time.
  • JoshRodenberg
    Options
    I also eat 40/30/30
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    HI Sue- thanks for your reply-
    I halved protein due to my kidney issues.
    I should have qualified my response- Animal protein is hard for my kidneys to break down, so by getting my protein from plant sources they have halved.
    I have been reassured here that we really don't need the amounts of protein most people are lead to believe.
    So I have had a lot of brown rice and lentils, split peas etc...all look very high on the carb count. That's why I was asking!
    I am researching a lot and have been guided by a friend to carb cycle.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I try, that's what my macros are set at but I never hit the protein.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    HI Sue- thanks for your reply-
    I halved protein due to my kidney issues.
    I should have qualified my response- Animal protein is hard for my kidneys to break down, so by getting my protein from plant sources they have halved.
    I have been reassured here that we really don't need the amounts of protein most people are lead to believe.
    So I have had a lot of brown rice and lentils, split peas etc...all look very high on the carb count. That's why I was asking!
    I am researching a lot and have been guided by a friend to carb cycle.

Kym, do you have the same issues with fish? I know most people don't need 1gm/1 LBM but I'd be scared by that low level. Funny you say carb cycle. My trainer just put me on a carb cycle routine to help me lower BF%! Good luck!!
  • CasablancasTX
    Options
    40/30/30 was highly recommended by my expensive nutritionist. I'm one of the few who truly eats this way, not just have my macros set to it.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I aim for 40/30/30, protein, fat, carbs, but I usually end up at something more like 33-1/3 for each.
  • klhessling
    klhessling Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I try for 40/3030 too.
  • tabjendavid
    Options
    I started trying to eat 40/30/30 recently. I seem to have a really hard time getting my protien to 30. If anyone has any suggestions I would love them. So tired of hard boiled eggs! Thanks!
  • mgobluetx12
    Options
    I sent you an email with a huge list of foods that are high in protein, so I hope that helps.

The thing is, I don't TRY for 40/30/30, I stick to those macros pretty consistently and am looking for friends who do the same. I looked on other posts about 40/30/30 and most people went way over on carbs and were under on protein. I know it's challenging to stick to, but it's really important for me and that's why I eat that way and have lost 66lbs in 8 months.