Gluten Free Inspiration!

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone would like to be friends who is on a gluten free diet! I would love to see what you're doing and maybe swap ideas. :)

-Adriana

Replies

• sibalola
    sibalola Posts: 34 Member
    I am starting new on the gluten-free after reading Wheat Belley =] You can add me!
  • Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    I am gluten free out of necessity because I have Celiac DIsease. You can add me if you like, I definitely know my way around avoiding gluten.
  • rumaroo
    rumaroo Posts: 8
    Thanks ladies! I have an intolerance/allergy. I don't think it's Celiac's, but it certainly is a problem.
  • Fairyabs
    Fairyabs Posts: 2
    Hiya I have just joined today! I am gluten intolerant not cealiac and quite recently diagnosed. I am struggling to lose weight as gluten free products seem much more calorific and higher in fat etc.
    Add me it would be good to share ideas and recipes to keep on track. I have 47 lbs to lose aaahhhhhh!! :embarassed:
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    I've recently discovered how great I feel not eating gluten. I've had a lot of digestive issues over the past year and a half, and or the first time in a long time I don't feel bloated and nauseated. It's great :bigsmile:

I update my food journal daily, and am trying to make it as in depth as possible. I don't know a lot of the ins-and-outs of being gluten free, but I'm keeping it simple to start.
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    My daughter has a gluten sensitivity so we have all been eating gluten free and it makes a huge difference! My skin is glowing, my daughter is no longer having tummy problems, and my son is healthy as can be!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    I'm a gluten allergic (epi pen and all!) Have started cutting down my GF breads and pastas since they're not helping me towards my goals (darn that high sugar content!)
  • rumaroo
    rumaroo Posts: 8
    Glad to hear from all of you! It's funny because it seems a lot of people are doing the gluten free thing for giggles because they seem to think it's healthier than regular stuff. Well, sure, if you have an intolerance/allergy/Celiac's it's obviously healthier, but if you have no problems with gluten, it's not that much better than regular gluten things. In fact, in some cases, it's worse. That, and I just don't understand why you'd cut out all that delicious food just because. Hahaha.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    I eat gluten free! (99% of the time ;)) I would love some friends with new ideas for me :)

EDIT: I don't do it because I have issues with gluten, I just do it because it makes my body feel better (which some would argue is a sensitivity to gluten) but I just enjoy eating gluten free anyway :)
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Glad to hear from all of you! It's funny because it seems a lot of people are doing the gluten free thing for giggles because they seem to think it's healthier than regular stuff. Well, sure, if you have an intolerance/allergy/Celiac's it's obviously healthier, but if you have no problems with gluten, it's not that much better than regular gluten things. In fact, in some cases, it's worse. That, and I just don't understand why you'd cut out all that delicious food just because. Hahaha.

It's definitely a buzz word right now. I probabaly wouldn't have thought to try it if it wasn't though.
  • Blueeyed1985
    Blueeyed1985 Posts: 40 Member
    I'm considering trying a gluten free diet. I'm not positive I am allergic to it, but I have brain fog, fatigue, stomach problems and depression issues. I also work the overnight shift which doesn't help. I have heard these can be symptoms of it. I'm having a hard time getting motivated to completely cut it out though. I don't really know where to start. Any suggestions would be great!!