jaz050465
jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
Has any body got any opinions on these.

Thanks

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    STS is purely a strength training program working with heavy weights, aiming to increase endurance, muscle mass and strength over the three month program.

Xtrain is a cross training program which includes strength training and cardio. I haven't done it myself but as it's Cathe I would expect the strength training to involve heavy weights and the cardio is likely to largely be HIIT.

I hadn't heard of JNL Fusion before but I've looked it up and it looks like a cross training program (i.e. strength and cardio) but the strength work is light weights and bodyweight only so no heavy lifting. Wikipedia states the following:
    4 training sessions of 45 minutes each per week. The workout method is targeted to women.

The workout method includes:

Strength training using lighter weights and body weight
    Plyometrics and jump roping
    Cardio intervals of about 30 seconds
    Advertised attempt to target the "cardio fat burning zone"

So it depends what you're after really. I love STS as I would rather be lifting heavy and I get enough cardio from everyday life so I don't really need a cross training program.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Thanks for that. So is STS similar to Chalean Extreme?
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Cathes Xtrain isn't all Hiit there is some Low Impact HiiT work and Tabata and Kickboxing it has been alot of fun. I don't own STS so I can't comment on that one.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Thanks. I can't decide which to go for.
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    If t helps I really like Xtrain and I think it has done wonders for my body.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    one of my friends did JNL fusion and got RIPPED! She seriously saw some fantastic results. She was in decent shape ahead of time but DAMN
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Think I'm heading towards J L fusion- less equipment to buy and store.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Anyone else?
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I've never done any of Cathe's stuff but when I heard about STS and looked at the equipment requirements, I said, "Yikes, this is probably for an advanced exerciser!" One system with 40 DVDs, Wow! I'd go with JNL but I heard she doesn't have a warm up or cool down with these DVDs.

The equipment needed for STS is a bench or step, a weight adjustable barbell, a wide variety of dumbbells, a stability ball, a resistance band, paper plates, and good focus. Other pieces of equipment are totally optional such as a pull up bar (or tubing), weighted vest, ankle weights, micro load weighted gloves, and slanted risers.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    It's the space in worried about - as well as the cost. I think Xtrain needs a fair bit of equipment too
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Try some of Zuzka's ZWOW workouts that are free on YouTube or download them to your laptop/desktop or you can buy her cardio DVD for $20 including shipping. The free ZWOWs are mostly cardio but have some abs and arm work.
    Cheaper that JNL Fusion by using the YouTube workouts or the $20 DVD. If you buy the Zcut DVD from Amazon, make sure the seller is Watch It Now Entertainment. They are the distributors for the DVD.

Zuzka YouTube workouts (ZWOWs)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ZuzkaLight

Zuzka Zcut DVD
    http://www.amazon.com/ZCUT-Power-Cardio-Series-Dvd/dp/B00AY5JB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362842430&sr=8-1&keywords=zcut

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00AY5JB92/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Watch It Now Entertainment
    http://www.watchitnowentertainment.com/production.html
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Anyone else?
  • RomanaW
    RomanaW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am doing JNL Fusion at the moment and can't recommend it enough. It is the best programme so far. I tried Chalean Extreme, P90X, Turbo Fire, Insanity and Body Revolution in the past but JNL Fusion works best for me. It swaps 30s strengths and 30s cardio. It is fast moving and you can start to increase the weight of dumbbells if you want. I can persuade myself that I can do anything, no matter how hard it is, for 30s :) My heart rate usually goes to over 170 beats per minute so it is pretty intensive.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Thanks. It should be arriving in the next couple of days. Can't wait to get it.
  • ElenaTS
    ElenaTS Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Another vote for JNL! Been doing it since December 31st, and my results are AMAZING! And it's not super hardcore or exhausting.
  • ElenaTS
    Options
    FYI-People either really like her or are totally annoyed by her. I love her energy, but by the end of the first week, I knew she was going to get on my nerves. Luckily I read on another thread, that on the main screen, before you push play, go into i think it's settings or menu-whatever it is on the screen that is above the word "Play" and choose the "Music Louder" setting. It drowns her out. They have the move listed on the bottom of the screen so you always know what is coming up.
    Just wanted to put that out there, since I almost sent it back...I am SO SO glad I didn't!!!!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I have X Train Fit and I like it when I can get in the mood to do it and has helped me lose inches.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    FYI-People either really like her or are totally annoyed by her. I love her energy, but by the end of the first week, I knew she was going to get on my nerves. Luckily I read on another thread, that on the main screen, before you push play, go into i think it's settings or menu-whatever it is on the screen that is above the word "Play" and choose the "Music Louder" setting. It drowns her out. They have the move listed on the bottom of the screen so you always know what is coming up.
    Just wanted to put that out there, since I almost sent it back...I am SO SO glad I didn't!!!!

Thanks. I read that too. I've also read about people who do that to Jillian Michaels. Wish they were all like Chalean.
  • ElenaTS
    Options
    If you have done basic workouts...there is nothing she is doing on the screen that you probably haven't done or seen before. I actually got one of those $5 Target behind the door mirrors, that I prop up on a side table against the wall when i am working out and have the mirror straight ahead of me at like 12 o'clock, then my tv is to the side at like 2 o'clock. I focus on my form and stuff instead of watching them. Funny, my "high knees" were not nearly as high as i thought they were till i started using the mirror. Also, iI can see changes week after week and it really gives me extra fire to do the workouts, cause I know it's working!

Good Luck!!
  • RomanaW
    RomanaW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yay, vote for JNL Fusion here. Amazing burn. i am using HRM and although I love Chalean, I burn double the amout of calories with JNL for the same time. Have been doing it for 3 weeks now and still feeling crazy challenged by it. At the same time I think, I can do anything in 30 s, right? I love this programme.