Exercises for arms...?

pixiepandora
pixiepandora Posts: 22
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I'd really like some advice on how to slim down my arms a little bit. I have some muscle growing in my arms but they're still kind of flabby. What would be some good exercises to lose the fat and make them look slimmer and more toned?

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved. Thanks xx

Replies

• mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    You can't really pick and chose the areas that you lose weight from, its down to genetics. However, there are some weight training exercises you can do to make the muscle tighter and toned and appear slimmer. Go on You Tube and search for arm exercises. Anything with tricep and bicep in it should help :)
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Working your arms will improve your muscle definition. But losing fat will get rid of the flab, and we don't get to choose where that comes off first as we lose weight, unfortunately.

But for the muscles themselves: Any type of press with barbell or dumbbells. Push-ups. Pull-ups.

Check out http://exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html for more ideas.
  • I guess I'll just have to keep working and hope the weight eventually comes off my arms... they're not attractive. I have been doing some light weight training to build and define the muscle. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and hope for the best.

Thanks xx
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    tricep dips
    skull crushers
    Tricep (belly) press
    dumbell extensions
    Overhead extension
    dumbell kickbacks
    bicep curls
    concentrated bicep curl
    Hammer curls
    wrist curls
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    I was looking for the same thing this week so I put in the search box on this site "arm exercises" and it came up some good topics on what are some good exercises to do to help tone. It was an older post but still helpful.
  • aesoprok
    aesoprok Posts: 70
    I don't have any great ideas, just wanted to say that i feel your pain. My mom has the same chuncky upper arms as me, and so does her mom... it's totally genetic in our case. I noticed after my daughter was born some defenition in my upper body that i hadn't seen in a very long time. Even though lugging her around has made my biceps stronger, i can't see too much under the flab. Losing weight will hopefully bring those muscles out for the world to see!
    ....Good Luck!!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    I guess I'll just have to keep working and hope the weight eventually comes off my arms... they're not attractive. I have been doing some light weight training to build and define the muscle. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and hope for the best.

Thanks xx

Yeah, the fat needs to come off all around through diet and (primarily) cardio to see muscle definition. However, in terms of firming up what is underneath. I wouldn't go with "light" weight training. Go heavy! You want to be sure that your last 2 reps are ALL that you can manage to EEK out. Your arms should feel like jello afterward, no matter what exercise you are doing. Challenging the muscle is going to be what causes it to rebuild itself stronger and firmer.
This discussion has been closed.