Can't stop eating the puddings!!!

Options
I love puddings so much, and so I am in the habbit of eating them after every dinner. I've tried switching to fruit to eat but I just end up eating it with ice cream or chocolate!!! Which isn't good.

Need some motavation and tips to stop eating puddings and any ideas for healthly alternatives!!!

Replies

• LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Have you tried switching to a yoghurt with the fruit (so you get that bit of sweetness and smooth texture) or even those diet chocolate mousse tubs they have in the yoghurt section instead of pudding? Might help you feel like you're getting your dessert but having something that's lower calorie and less sugar. If it allows you the chance to wean yourself off the 'bad stuff' every day, it's worth a try. I know how hard it can be, I went through a very long stage where I felt I had to have chocolate every day! It was bad, chocolate at breakfast and in the afternoon; if I didn't have it I'd crave it something fierce. I don't eat it much at all anymore, and don't miss it, which feels liberating :) You can get past it if you make a conscious effort to moderate how often you have it, and replace it with something healthier you enjoy instead.
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi eleanor,

I'm the same, love anything sweet, i can be really good all day and then blow the bank on a pudding. I know its wrong but i can't resist. Ive tried a few things like hypnotherapy, giving pudding up for a week, month, tried low cal puds like fruit and yog, fruit and sugar free jelly, its a consistent battle everyday to walk past the bakery and not buy the butterfly cake or those reduced pasteries with the yellow sticker. Its really tough some days I do well other days i don't. Each time i don't buy a pudding its an acheivement to me.

Also would love other peoples advice about their mechanisms.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, I figured I have been conditioned by my mum, as we always used to have dessert after dinner in my family. I am now trying to just have a square of dark chocolate instead of a full blown pud to still get the sweet end of the meal without all the cals. Working ok so far! :-)
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I eat fat free sugar free pudding every night after dinner- only 25 calories per serving (1/4 cup). My newest concoctions:

Cherry cheesecake pudding
    1/4 c. Fat free sugar free vanilla or cheesecake pudding (25 calories)
    1/3 c. No sugar added cherry pie filling (35 calories)
    2 tbls. Fat free reddi wip (5 calories)
    1/2 graham cracker sheet crushed on top (32 calories)
    Total = 97 calories

Banana cream pie pudding

1/4 c. Fat free sugar free Banana cream pudding (25 calories)
    1/2 sliced banana (45 calories)
    2 tbls. Reddi wip (5 calories)
    1/2 graham cracker crushed on top (32 calories)
    Total = 62 calories without banana
    Total = 107 with banana
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Try a chromium supplement kill your sugar cravings.
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I really struggle with sweets as well. One thing that sometimes helps is to have hard candy...peppermint, butterscotch, etc., on hand. It takes awhile to eat that, and that helps.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    If you're still within your macronutrient target I really don't see a problem with eating a pudding everynight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/903628-one-year-of-barbells-and-ice-cream-my-story-so-far-pics?hl=barbells+and+ice+cream
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    There is no reason to give it up as long as you don't go over your calories. I make protein puddings everyday.

Almond Butter Maple
    Goat's Milk 1 cup
    Avocado half
    Almond Butter 2 tbsp
    Vanilla Protein Powder 1 scoop
    Maple Extract 1 tspn

Blackberry Strawberry Cheesecake
    Goat's Milk 1 cup
    Avocado half
    Vanilla Protein Powder 1 scoop
    Blackberries 8
    Strawberries 6
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Why worry about stopping?
    Are you over your calorie goal?
    Does it throw your macros completely out of whack?

Unless for some reason you find it imperative to eat completely clean, I don't see a problem with having a small treat every night after dinner. As long as you keep a calorie deficit, you aren't going to stop losing weight and as long as you're eating at least fairly healthy the rest of the day, you won't be cheating yourself out of needed nutrients either.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I love puddings so much, and so I am in the habbit of eating them after every dinner. I've tried switching to fruit to eat but I just end up eating it with ice cream or chocolate!!! Which isn't good.

Need some motavation and tips to stop eating puddings and any ideas for healthly alternatives!!!

Stop buying the puddings.

Problem solved.
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    461d95d8a58d811f4abe742140a945a9.gif
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options

Stop buying the puddings.

Problem solved.

Boom!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    FYI for the North Americans...I have a feeling the OP is from the UK where "puddings" is synonymous with "dessert".
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    They have sugar free ones!! :)
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I eat a Jello Sugar Free pudding every day for lunch. Nothing wrong with that as far as I am concerned. May not be the same but the point is that its ok to have a small portion controlled dessert.
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    I budget them into my calories for the day. If this is a lifestyle change that is going to stick, no food is off limits in moderation.
  • A01fe
    A01fe Posts: 15
    Options
    one word for you - JELLY!!
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of posters! What's the problem if you have calories left and your macros are in tact? I love chocolate and wine, how I make that work? I budget one chocolate brownie oat bar (120 cals) and 4 bite size reese's peanut butter cups (148 cals), and 8 oz of white wine into my daily caloric intake everyday and it seems to be working for me!

Like everyone else said, this is about small lifestyle changes. If you are happy eating pudding or "dessert" everyday after dinner, do it! It won't stick if all you can think about is the dessert you "don't get to have". You'll feel deprived and that's not the goal!

Enjoy the process and remember this is about learning how to enjoy the things in your life without going overboard! GOOD LUCK!
  • puppy1002
    puppy1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It takes about 2 weeks for your taste pallet to change. Try stopping for these 2 weeks and your cravings should be gone.
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    If by puddings you mean dessert in general then I feel your pain! At the beginning I missed my late night snacks, normally sweets, but then I figured out the secret that worked for me. I add in a sweet every day and make it part of my calories so I don't feel deprived. Nothing is off limits for me if I want a slice of pizza I have it and work it in my day and make the other meals healthier. I recently bought reduced fat oreos and have been eating 2 (they are 50 calories each) with a half cup of milk and my nightly chai tea so I get the sweet fix without blowing my day up! But if I do go over because of sweet I don't beat myself up over it I just accept it and move on.

There are tons of alternative like eating reuced fat cookies, 100 calorie cookie packs, sugar free chocolate candies, sherbet instead of ice cream....I just follow the servng size and I get a low calorie sweet. :)