New here and so happy with MFP

Options
After 10 days I still really like My Fitness Pal. So love that I've not had to add many foods at all. Even the 2 times I've gone out to eat, the meals are here. But most impressive was finding a homemade ethnic dish (Puerto Rican Rice and Beans) already in the database!

Thank you all for making this so easy. xoxo

Replies

• mudonthetires856
    mudonthetires856 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love that it's so easy to make restaurant choices because I can view the calories first. Be careful with homemade stuff in the database though. Everyone puts different ingredients in their food, so it's usually not accurate. I use the recipe function so that I can track everything that I put into my meals. You'd be surprised at the difference in calories between what is listed in the database & what you enter as your own recipe.
  • kistockman
    kistockman Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love that it's so easy to make restaurant choices because I can view the calories first. Be careful with homemade stuff in the database though. Everyone puts different ingredients in their food, so it's usually not accurate. I use the recipe function so that I can track everything that I put into my meals. You'd be surprised at the difference in calories between what is listed in the database & what you enter as your own recipe.

I can see how that can be a problem, yeah.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Welcome!