Clayton Homes feedback

Options
ChrisC_77
ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
Does anyone own or know anyone that does own a Modular or Manufactured home from Clayton Homes? We have not met with them yet. I have read reviews online and checked out their site. Online I have seen the customer feedback reviews 1/3 positive 2/3 negative. But I wonder how much of this has to do with poor sub contractors and not the homes themselves. Also, you are more likely to see negative posts online as more positive ones would likely not get reported. We are possible looking at a Modular as an option.

Replies

• newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Try to see some of the homes they've built. If you can find ones for sale, that's the best. Because otherwise they can just make a really awesome model home and then you get an inferior version. I went through a few houses like that when my mom was looking. The craftsmanship was really poor but the houses were pretty so they sold and despite the obvious issues, my mom still bought one because she liked that she could pick the style but not have to actually oversee the construction. The garage floor had a giant crack and had to be re-poured. She has trouble with all the door frames in the house and the foundation is questionable. My house is nearly 100 years old and I'd take mine over hers any day.
  • MrsVal03
    MrsVal03 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I was paying on my Clayton home for 6 months before I got to step foot inside of it. THe contractors were rude, lazy and arrogant. My sales man was NO WHERE TO BE FOUND after the papers were signed and you couldn't catch anyone on the phone or on the lot.

Once the house was put together and we walked through it, IT WASN'T EVEN THE HOUSE WE SIGNED OFF ON! THe furniture wasn't right, the floor plan wasn't right, the appliances weren't even right. We ended up with a home valued at about $20,000 less than we had signed on, but because the work was done, the papers had been signed 6 months prior, the courts sided with the lender and we were stuck in a home that we didn't fit in, nor did we order.

Go to Fleetwood / Champion Homes... Clayton is a joke.

Edited to fix typos.