Bmr 1045 TDEE 1600 How much should I eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• AQ3107
    AQ3107 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That is correct, 400-600 a day. It's taken me over three years to lose the weight.

And you feel okay?
    Wow I don't even know what to say. I am baffled. Over three years and 400-600 a day.
    People hardly ever shock me but you have. Woah.

I don't feel good. I'm sick of it too. I'd love to quit being cold, queasy, dizzy, etc. Enough is enough. I'm going to listen to the medical professionals from now on and return to my dietician.

Yes I can imagine. I hope you mean it and don't wait till things get real bad. But if you are serious about listening to them I am sure you would be upping your calories by now than waiting for the last 20 pounds to drop.
    Trust me the last 20 pounds ain't worth it. What is the guarentee that once you get there you will stop there? You don't know. You can't tell.

I honestly don't know how you can even get out of bed with just 400-600 calories a day. I don't know. I am baffled.
    I eat between 2500-3000 and I still feel cold and feel that it's not enough food for me. I don't know how you do it. I don't know why you would wanna put yourself through that. That must be one hell of a life to live.
    You can do it the healthy way. There are thousands of men and women here who have lost 100+ pounds without starving themselves, without bringing all the complications of malnutrition to their bodies. They have struggled and persevered but done it the healthy way. Yes it takes time but anything sustainable takes time in life.

To earn a degree, you need 3 years of uni.
    To be a doctor you need 6 years of college studies plus placement years
    To be a lawyer, it takes over 5 years
    etc etc

Honestly, in hindsight you will look back one day and think what a waste of time that was.
    Stop right now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. Not when the 20 pounds is gone. Now.

I am so annoyed. I need a walk. Thats the most I have ever spoken to someone.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Okay...before you start anything you need to get some counseling. Because the 400-600 a day for three years means eating disorder.

That's good advice. I did start with a therapist two months ago. I have to get a handle on this now. Bad habits are hard to break and it's going to take a while.

I really think your relationship with food is beyond anyones grasp here, I would continue seeing the therapist and possibly getting a physical for yourself with your primary and talk to him/her about where you should go from here.
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I was hospitalized back in September 2012 for almost three weeks due to malnutrition. I spent that time with an NG tube pumping 24 hours a day. That's why I'm looking to eat more. It wasn't a fun time and I don't want to repeat it.

I've been eating the same foods over and over for so long it's going to be hard to start eating a more balanced diet, but I'm determined to do it.
    Glad to hear that you're interested in eating a more nutritionally sound diet! I'm surprised that when you were hospitalized they didn't outline a plan for you to follow, or at least give you some suggestions.

Coming off 400-600 calories a day, I'm afraid you probably will gain weight as you increase your calories. You've almost certainly done some damage to your metabolism. You may wish to consider seeing a doctor to help you with this, so that you are able to get your metabolism healthy again without sacrificing your weight loss. Slowly upping your calories as you said you were planning to do sounds good to me, but I'm not a doctor, and frankly, you're so outside the norm at this point that I don't think you should be taking advice from anyone who doesn't have a medical license.

Wishing you the best!

They did send me home with a month long planned out menu. At the time I felt everyone was making a mountain out of a mole hill, they were trying to make me fat, that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the way I ate, and they were all stupid.

It's taken me nearly six months of occasionally thinking about all I've been told to get me to the point I'm at today.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    They did send me home with a month long planned out menu. At the time I felt everyone was making a mountain out of a mole hill, they were trying to make me fat, that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the way I ate, and they were all stupid.

It's taken me nearly six months of occasionally thinking about all I've been told to get me to the point I'm at today.
    I have an inkling on how difficult it can be to see things in a different light, and I wish you the most sincere congratulations on coming this far. You're doing great, and I wish you continued success in maintaining this healthy outlook :)

If you still have the plan, use it! If not, I imagine your therapist will be able to get you an adequate replacement until you're able to consult with a doctor.
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    That is correct, 400-600 a day. It's taken me over three years to lose the weight.

And you feel okay?
    Wow I don't even know what to say. I am baffled. Over three years and 400-600 a day.

I don't feel good. I'm sick of it too. I'd love to quit being cold, queasy, dizzy, etc. Enough is enough. I'm going to listen to the medical professionals from now on and return to my dietician.

Yes I can imagine. I hope you mean it and don't wait till things get real bad. But if you are serious about listening to them I am sure you would be upping your calories by now than waiting for the last 20 pounds to drop.
    Trust me the last 20 pounds ain't worth it. What is the guarentee that once you get there you will stop there? You don't know. You can't tell.

I honestly don't know how you can even get out of bed with just 400-600 calories a day. I don't know. I am baffled.
    I eat between 2500-3000 and I still feel cold and feel that it's not enough food for me. I don't know how you do it. I don't know why you would wanna put yourself through that. That must be one hell of a life to live.
    You can do it the healthy way. There are thousands of men and women here who have lost 100+ pounds without starving themselves, without bringing all the complications of malnutrition to their bodies. They have struggled and persevered but done it the healthy way. Yes it takes time but anything sustainable takes time in life.

etc etc

Honestly, in hindsight you will look back one day and think what a waste of time that was.
    Stop right now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. Not when the 20 pounds is gone. Now.

I'm so sorry I made you annoyed.

You're 100% right about the wasted three years. I've spent the past three plus years doing nothing but obsessing about food and weight to the point that I'm driving myself crazy with it. At this point I'm at the end of my rope with myself and my stupidity and denial of how bad what I've been doing is.

No one if right all the time and in this I'm 100% wrong.

Thank you for the advice you gave.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    wow...

I am lost for words.
  • AQ3107
    AQ3107 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

And you feel okay?

etc etc

I'm so sorry I made you annoyed.

You're 100% right about the wasted three years. I've spent the past three plus years doing nothing but obsessing about food and weight to the point that I'm driving myself crazy with it. At this point I'm at the end of my rope with myself and my stupidity and denial of how bad what I've been doing is.

No one if right all the time and in this I'm 100% wrong.

Thank you for the advice you gave.

Jade I truly apologise. I shouldn't really get annoyed. I am just annoyed at that fact that instead of focusing so much on eating 400-600 calories, if you focused on healthy eating it would be a much more sustainable system right now and you wouldn't even be in this place right now.

I urge you to listen to your doctor. Get better. Live your life instead of sub-existing because that's no life at all. Even my bunny will hate me for life if I fed him the bare minimum.

The body that does all the thinking for you, all the moving around, all the hard work - just cherish it and look after it.
    If you lose your mind - will you have anything else left in your life? Ask yourself that - because that's what starvation does. It doesn't kill immediately. No it kills a slow painful death. It takes a very long time. And that's just a total waste of life.

Good luck.
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Please just take care of yourself. We all just want you to feel better. You have been thinking about it for a while and you know something is not right. It's time to get into action!!!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Wow what did you do fof these 3 years? I can't imagine someone able to go to school or work with that few calories.