Walk away the pounds 4/17/10

Options
Hello all,

Just thought I would start the thread up for today. Hope everyone had a fun friday evening and is looking forward to this weekend.

I have got my 2 mile WATP done for today, hope to also add some more by going for a walk with my daughter this afternoon, but that will not help me burn any calories, since she is 2 and cant go to fast yet.

The weather is finally looking like it is going to be nice for a few days in a row, so hopefully the wind will stay calm and we will be able to go enjoy the park tomorrow afternoon and possible take the dog up to the dog park as well.

Any ways have a great day and I will check back in later.

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Are you walking outside or on a treadmill?
  • frogy_98
    frogy_98 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am actually doing the DVD's called Walk away the pounds with Leslie Sansone, There are actually quite a few different ones to choose from I have one that has a 1,2 and 3 mile walk on it. It is low impact and I can do it anytime which is nice.

However I put this thread up for anyone who is walking in any form.
  • jmjones2002
    Options
    Awesome job on your walking!! I needed to get up and do mine this morning but I walked a total of 10mi yesterday and my legs were killing me this morning..I usually walk to our square etc 3dys a week..Depending on which route I take we either walk 4mi or 6mi..Yesterday morning I walked my 4mi but then Relay for Life was last night so I got my extra miles in..I haven't tried the dvds but need to check into them so when it's just too hot or rainy I have a back-up plan:-) Keep up the good work!!
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Great job, ya'll. Had to lay catch up on my schoolwork today so didn't get my morning walk in... which unfortunately makes me cranky, thankfully only 3 weeks left in the semester. Will have a 3 mile walk after dinner... Ahhhhh, clease and refresh after a long day. Alright, back to math and computers, hope every one has a great weekend!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I did the 5 mile fat burning miles. I had to make myself get up and get started. Tired today for some reason. Hasn't been a particularly good food day due to scheduling and errands so thought I better make up for it with the mileage! lol

Anybody got any 2 miles WATP workouts that they especially like and would recommend? I'd like to find some of them for weekday mornings. My new job is really eating into my evening hours so I'm trying to do 2 or 3 miles in the mornings. I really only have about 30 minutes to spare though so most likelly the 2 miles would work better. Unless they are really fast miles.
  • marioz49
    marioz49 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have been walking every day with my dog since January. I have lost 13kg so far. I did have a treadmill last year, but when it got to winter, it was too cold in my garage to use it. I am starting to enjoy walking and love the fresh air. I think it helps me sleep better. The hard thing for me is going to be walking in the winter when it is raining. I walk about 50 minutes every day. When I first started, I could only walk half that distance in 50 minutes.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I have been walking every day with my dog since January. I have lost 13kg so far. I did have a treadmill last year, but when it got to winter, it was too cold in my garage to use it. I am starting to enjoy walking and love the fresh air. I think it helps me sleep better. The hard thing for me is going to be walking in the winter when it is raining. I walk about 50 minutes every day. When I first started, I could only walk half that distance in 50 minutes.

Your doing great. I wish I had someplace to walk outside but where I live is just not very good for it. I'm gonna try walking some at lunch where I work but haven't got started with that yet. Check out the Walk-Away-the-pounds DVD's for your winter days when it's too bad to get outside. You can do them inside in front of your TV. Here's a website if your interested in checking them out. www.walkathome.com But you can get the dvd's at wal-mart, target, best buy and probably lots of other places. One lady even said she rents them from netflix to try them out before she buys.
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Didn't get 3 miles in, my 13 year old went with me, but we got a good, fast pace 2 miles in for the day. Be back up and walking again at 4:30am...
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    I use WATP as part of my DVD rotation ~ the 5mi Fat burning walk is by far my favorite.My body feels better and I get more cal burn w/ the "boosted walking". I have the 2mile walk dvd at the office and I do it on my lunch sometimes - there is a 30min 2mi walk and a section for toning w/ a leg band. She just cracks me up and makes me laugh while I'm getting my w/o in.
    I was going to walk today , still might , but I already did Turbo Jam cardio party mix 2 and jilliam michael No More Trouble Zones, and I think that's plenty for today.

Hope everyone has a great weekend,
    Janet:heart:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I did WATP 4 Mile Super Challenge today. I have the 1, 2, 3 Mile also. I have checked out the 4 fast miles w/1 mile jog dvd and really like that one also.
  • partypink26
    partypink26 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love the WATP DVD's. I like the 4 mile super challenge or the 4 Fast miles. I also do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred every day and alternate every other day doing both. I was such a skeptic of Leslie Sansone and even tho she can be quite annoying, I am still surprised at how much I sweat during her workouts! And they go so fast!!!
  • lilchook
    lilchook Posts: 20
    Options
    i used to do leslie sansone tapes when my kids were little and it was too hard to get out of the house with them all. that was in the days of tapes and before dvd's it was great for getting the post baby weight off. she was leslie tomaleo( i think that's how it is spelt) then. i have recently purchased a couple of her recent dvd's which involves kick boxing . quite good for a change and adds a bit of variety.