Need some encouragment, plz!!!

Options
I need some encouragment people!!! My scale went in the wrong direction, AHHH! Not that I am 100% focused on the numbers but recently MFP deducted 80cals due to my weight loss and ever since then I seem hungry all the time and I'm gaining, despite coming in UNDER my cals every day....weird it was only 80cals, is there something else going on???? HELP PPL!!!!

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    simply increase your calories by 80! Remember, MFP is a general guidline, not the end all and be all.

I found that if it is working...........dont change it!!

When you started you weighed more, but you also had less muscle. I found after the first 20 were gone, that I needed MORE food........yes more to lose weight.

If I were you I would go back to what was working. Maybe kick up a work out a week or something.

Have a great day!

Jeannie
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You have come this far and you look great. You can do this! :flowerforyou: Looking at your profile info you sound very busy. Stress can cause us to gain or hold onto weight. Even with a crazy schedule it is really important to have a regular eating schedule. You might want to try changing it up a bit. Eat more vegetables and fruits and lean protein and drink enough water to stay hydrated. If you have always had problems getting in enough calories then look at how you can make your minimum. Do you count any exercise calories for work because I know in your field you are moving around and on your feet most of the time?
  • LollyOllie
    Options
    I like your goals itemized like that.
    that is very motivating to me.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    If you're gaining even though you're eating less, then your body is probably dropping its metabolism. You're allowed to eat!
  • ajrowart
    ajrowart Posts: 16
    Options
    First of all don't give up. :flowerforyou: Stay focused and keep making the healthy choices. My body does the same thing, :mad: especially in the spring, it is very hard to make my weight budge. When you say you are under your calorie goal how much under? If you are missing 200 calories below your goal your body goes in to starvation mode and then budging the weight is nearly impossible. I was stuck for weeks,:sad: then the crazy clock flipped back to on and I am slowly dropping the weight. :laugh: I just wish I could keep it in my boobs and drop it off my thighs. Alas the world is unfair sometimes.
    272432.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jhebert87
    jhebert87 Posts: 75
    Options
    You look Great first of all, but I had the same problem when I first started doing this.. with working 13 hour days and going to school full time busy is my middle name, but 3 kids I can't even imagine... my boyfriend has 2 young children and I can barely keep up but what I found that helped me a little bit was I will salsa dance when I'm vacuuming ( and break in new shoes) and if you've ever seen Dirty Dancing when she's going down the stairs she's dancing... yup I do that too hahaha I might look ridiculous but who cares I end up having fun doing boring chores... it allows me to exercise when I really don't have too much time... Hope it helps!
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    You can do it!!!! You are nearing that 6-8 week hurdle. They say it takes 8 weeks to create a habit. Why, because your mind rebels against change. Here are the facts:

80 calories will not, on a daily basis, make you hungry or satiated from a physical perspective. So, if 80 calories isn't going to affect you physically, that means your mind is rebelling against the "hard route." The key to the 6-8 week hurdle is mental toughness... don't give in to your mental desires.

Likewise, as was mentioned earlier, if you did good with 80 calories more, just add 80 calories to your budget. The very worst scenario is that you loose (80 calories per day x 7 days per week = 560 calories per week) about 1 pound less every 7 weeks (500 calories per week x 7 weeks = 3500 calories = 1 lb of fat). I would bet money on the fact that the calorie in-calorie out / 3500 model has more than 500 calories per week error in the model.

Finally, ask yourself this question... is it worth quitting? Never quit on yourself!! You are worth too much to ever quit on yourself. You made goals, stick to them, see them through. If you don't meet them by the date you planned, but a few days, weeks, or even months later, you still made it. If it took you a year to climb Mt. Everest, you can still claim you did it. Or am I wrong?
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello. While stress can make you hold weight you didn't mention if you were lifting weights because that can make you gain weight even though it is muscle your scale doesn't care and will read a gain.
    Also I have found that I lost weight fast when I ate like 5 or 6 small meals a day because my body was reved up to the max and didn't go into starvation mode.

Good luck.
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    First of all don't give up. :flowerforyou: Stay focused and keep making the healthy choices. My body does the same thing, :mad: especially in the spring, it is very hard to make my weight budge. When you say you are under your calorie goal how much under? If you are missing 200 calories below your goal your body goes in to starvation mode and then budging the weight is nearly impossible. I was stuck for weeks,:sad: then the crazy clock flipped back to on and I am slowly dropping the weight. :laugh: I just wish I could keep it in my boobs and drop it off my thighs. Alas the world is unfair sometimes.
    272432.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

I am usually right around 150 under depending on the day and I do eat back my exercise calories. I am right there with you on the keeping in the boobs and losing in the thighs, but I will add lose in my butt to that!!! LOL
  • shellee9tj
    Options
    You can do it!!!! You are nearing that 6-8 week hurdle. They say it takes 8 weeks to create a habit. Why, because your mind rebels against change. Here are the facts:

80 calories will not, on a daily basis, make you hungry or satiated from a physical perspective. So, if 80 calories isn't going to affect you physically, that means your mind is rebelling against the "hard route." The key to the 6-8 week hurdle is mental toughness... don't give in to your mental desires.

Likewise, as was mentioned earlier, if you did good with 80 calories more, just add 80 calories to your budget. The very worst scenario is that you loose (80 calories per day x 7 days per week = 560 calories per week) about 1 pound less every 7 weeks (500 calories per week x 7 weeks = 3500 calories = 1 lb of fat). I would bet money on the fact that the calorie in-calorie out / 3500 model has more than 500 calories per week error in the model.

Finally, ask yourself this question... is it worth quitting? Never quit on yourself!! You are worth too much to ever quit on yourself. You made goals, stick to them, see them through. If you don't meet them by the date you planned, but a few days, weeks, or even months later, you still made it. If it took you a year to climb Mt. Everest, you can still claim you did it. Or am I wrong?

Thank you!! I WILL NOT QUIT!! I was just feeling very frustrated and needed someone to set me straight which you did, so thank you all!!!
  • shellee9tj
    Options
    You look Great first of all, but I had the same problem when I first started doing this.. with working 13 hour days and going to school full time busy is my middle name, but 3 kids I can't even imagine... my boyfriend has 2 young children and I can barely keep up but what I found that helped me a little bit was I will salsa dance when I'm vacuuming ( and break in new shoes) and if you've ever seen Dirty Dancing when she's going down the stairs she's dancing... yup I do that too hahaha I might look ridiculous but who cares I end up having fun doing boring chores... it allows me to exercise when I really don't have too much time... Hope it helps!

LOL! That sounds fun, maybe I will try it!!