Who knew.... It's true

Options
I started my eating healthy, exercise program 60 days ago. These past couple of weeks I haven't lost a pound- after initially losing 8 pounds rather quickly. I'm aware of plateaus and didn't think much of it til a few days ago- well, really after weighing myself for 4 days in a row and not seeing a smaller number! So I google weight loss plateaus. What did I find? You gotta eat to lose. Oh for gosh sakes- I know you're supposed to eat the number of calories per day that you're "given." But you know what? Sometimes it's hard to do! I absolutely love vegetables and fruits. Love 'em steamed, raw, roasted, with dips and without. Eating lots of vegy's and fruits fills a gal up - with very few calories to count! But the plateau hit and there comes the thoughts of giving up, heading to the bar and eating that big cheeseburger and chasing it down with the 26 ounce boomba of beer.... But wait! Didn't Google tell me that I have to eat to lose? Yes! So, I've been eating those 1200 calories for the past 4 days. Healthy calories, but 1200 of 'em, and for four days in a row. And you know what? Today that scale tipped downwards by two notches. Two pounds lost. Plateau busted.
Eat to lose. Who knew.... It's true.

Replies

• tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Ugh, this thread is gonna be bad.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you were eating LESS than 1200 cals a day before that?

And stop weighing yourself every day, it's not helpful.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Ugh, this thread is gonna be bad.

Yes, koala bear, it is.
  • AlwaysEights
    Options
    Yeah- I was eating around 800. And I know daily weighing isn't good. That Koala Bear is wise and right: it is bad. Bad, bad, bad.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Yeah- I was eating around 800. And I know daily weighing isn't good. That Koala Bear is wise and right: it is bad. Bad, bad, bad.

Uh so is eating 1200 calories a day.