Running with Scissors...

Options
Hi all,

Been here for a while but need for running friends. I like to run...a lot.

Be my friend?

Replies

• Menelaus35
    Options
    No takers?
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Give 'em a minute!!
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    I'll be your friend!!! Im not a very fast runner, but a runner all the same! I have a half marathon and a full marathon to train for (september and october) so welcome any running buddies for encouragement and support (and laughs!) :flowerforyou:
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I just started running. I really do enjoy it a lot. Still doing my c25k program though.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    But you run with scissors. What if we bump into each other? It could become a very gory crime scene.

I'm a walker, not a runner but I did enjoy your attention grabber. :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend!!! Im not a very fast runner, but a runner all the same! I have a half marathon and a full marathon to train for (september and october) so welcome any running buddies for encouragement and support (and laughs!) :flowerforyou:
    Newbie here just started Base Training with a HM in August and Marathon in September, purposefully running slowly at the minute trying to build up my base before training starts proper in May.
  • jonny310580
    jonny310580 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am a runner if you wish to add

cheersfornoo
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i'll be your friend.
  • ExNihil0
    ExNihil0 Posts: 60
    Options
    I always run with scissors
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner! Also a swimmer and a biker.

One full and three half-marathons under my belt.

I'm not the fastest, but I'm fast enough, and I love to run :)
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner but wanted to say Hi and wish you well. Maybe if you fill out your profile and let runners know a little bit about you, what you do now, what your goals are, you'd find running friends faster. Tip from my Mom: never run with scissors.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner but wanted to say Hi and wish you well. Maybe if you fill out your profile and let runners know a little bit about you, what you do now, what your goals are, you'd find running friends faster. Tip from my Mom: never run with scissors.

Lol good advice!
  • VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good Topic mate... I have friends who actually had a band that was called Running with Scissors... the band's name was always an attention grabber. And it was contrived due to advice from their Moms - Never run with scissors.

I'm not running yet, just fast walking.. but I know I am getting stronger every week. When I shed another 20 lbs and my weight won't be so nasty on my knees, then that walk will turn into a jog and then a run.

Always nice to meet positive individuals, well new people to add me as their friend here on MFP - which I find to be just a fabulous group of peeps... Have a great Fryday everyone..

Cheerz!
  • timeforme_2013
    timeforme_2013 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump for later, ( walker here But future runner wanna be)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Hello! I only run with pinking shears.
  • Menelaus35
    Options
    Hello! I only run with pinking shears.

Hey, whatever gets you going in the morning! :wink:
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I like to run but with my phone, not scissors.

Planning my first half in November. Looking to increase distance and speed at the moment.
  • palebottom
    palebottom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is awesome because I run with my rotary cutter!
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    i love to run!! but i'm sharp enough without the scissors :wink: completed C25K last year, ran a few 5K's, i was in training for my first half marathon but now i'm 3 months pregnant so that's on hold, but still running...yeah! :bigsmile:
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I run!... jog! There's a girl on my friends too, Sonya. She runs a looooot