Help - BIG WEEKEND AHEAD!!!

Options
So this morning I weighed myself and I am down a total of 5lbs (actually more because I restarted MFP after gaining from my original start weight). I was so excited I danced around the house.

Now, here's the trouble. I am marching in a St. Patrick's Day parade with my drum corps tomorrow and they are providing us with breakfast (donuts and coffee!) and lunch (pizza!). I think I can handle this situation by only partaking a little and bringing a side salad to compensate.

But, later that evening, my husband and I are going out with his friends for his birthday and the following day we're going out with his mom for his birthday.

Holy Moly...talk about temptation city! Any advice on how to enjoy myself, the company, and not completely ruin my progress. As long as I'm still around 157 on Monday, I'd be a happy lady.

Oh yeah...and I forgot to mention that my office is having a community breakfast on Monday. It seems the food gods are against me.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I would eat breakfast before I go, have my own salad with pizza and be as good as possible at one of the other events. Enjoy everything!
  • CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    smaller protions are key!!!
    1when you eat breakfast stay away from bacon and sausage
    2 when you go out with hubby and mother in law brithday order salad and soup and lean meat
    3- drink plenty of water as well

that should help hoepfully
  • Danielle_Style
    Danielle_Style Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I also thought about eating breakfast before the parade - who knows if it's going to happen now as we have about a foot of snow on the ground. But either way, I can enjoy people's company and not eat the junk food.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Ah, St. Patrick's parades with snow on the ground....nope, don't miss that.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Also if you decide you really want that St. Patty's Day beer have a Guiness. It is more filling and actually fairly light on calories and you are less likely to drink several.
  • Danielle_Style
    Danielle_Style Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love Guinness. I once read that it has fewer calories than Coors Light. I probably won't be drinking too much though cause I have a two hour drive ahead after the Parade.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Are you gonna be in southie? WooHoo!

I have a lot of eating events this month too.

I plan on eating before I go to any of them.And Drinking lots of water.

I may not be able to pass up corned beef and cabbage though.