Sweet treats?

Options
If you have a sweet tooth, what do you generally nosh on?

I will always try to grab a piece of fruit first. But sometimes, I just really want something carby. I love Quakers chocolate chip oatmeal (1 pack does me well and gets rid of my cravings). Yogurts w/ fruit, granola w/ dried fruit. I just picked up some muffin tops made with greek yogurt made by Yogo that are pretty good and only 100 cals each.

Replies

• Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Cereal.I like special k pecan cinnamon.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    If I'm really craving something sweet I look for the mini size candies, I have also tried the Skinny Cow candies, they are packaged in, I think, 100 calorie packs. Sometimes just taking a couple Altoids or Tic Tacs will do the trick, both of these are only a calorie or two apiece.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I stick to an occasional vitamin water, or fruit.

I swore off sweets (candy, baked goods, etc) for the year, excluding family birthdays.

(not to mention soda's as well)
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Sugar free throat lozenges really knock the block off of my sweet toothed cravings!
    With love,
    Burt
  • Queen_JessieA
    Options
    I stick to an occasional vitamin water, or fruit.

I swore off sweets (candy, baked goods, etc) for the year, excluding family birthdays.

(not to mention soda's as well)

That's great!

I am not big on soda. Tea is my pitfall...and I am a Southern girl, so you know it is mainly sweet! (I generally do 1/2 sweet, 1/2 unsweet), but, for the past week, I have been drinking unsweet.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Raspberry filled donuts.
    Baby Ruth minis

Those two are my worst stumbling blocks. If they are in my house, they won't be for very long.

I've started dehydrating very thin apple slices to stave off the sweet cravings, but still, don't bring those things within my walking distance.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options

That's great!

I am not big on soda. Tea is my pitfall...and I am a Southern girl, so you know it is mainly sweet! (I generally do 1/2 sweet, 1/2 unsweet), but, for the past week, I have been drinking unsweet.

Have you tried brewing you own loose leaf? I do that in the summer, then just chill it, maybe add some fresh lemon.

My wife loves sweet tea, but it's just too much for me.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Options

That's great!

Have you tried brewing you own loose leaf? I do that in the summer, then just chill it, maybe add some fresh lemon.

My wife loves sweet tea, but it's just too much for me.

I used to when I was pregnant with my third child. I drank 2-4 cups of loose red raspberry leaf tea to help with my pregnancy. I don't know what happened to my tea ball? Now I wanna go get another and hit Teavana! LOL. I haven't in forever.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    TastyKakes! I split a pack with my son almost every day. They range in calories from 90-145 for the ones we get, so within sight of those 100-calorie treats but not "diet" in the least.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Graham crackers help me, I like the cinnamon kind.
  • blibby33
    blibby33 Posts: 53
    Options
    I eat 4 hershey kisses.
  • treenuh_x
    treenuh_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    60% or higher cacao chocolate chips mixed in a bag with some almonds. Or a clementine. :)
  • jennacollette
    Options
    I know a great quick and east oatmeal cake recipe, and extremely easy and quick pancakes. You should look up "the detoxinista" on google and browse through her website she has amazing recipes and she really helped me stop my sweet tooth !
  • adam211
    adam211 Posts: 12
    Options
    I love Nutter Butters! but whenever I get the feeling that I want something sweet I switched to eating the Fiber One protein bars.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I just make by black chocolate fit into my daily count :) I personally couldn't last if I went cold turkey!

I'm away from home so have new temptations at the moment - had to give in a try the local specialty, banana cream roll... oh wow. I have found a new heaven!
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I always mix 1/3 of a cup of mini marshmallows with 1 table spoon of dark chocolate. Only 120 calories. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    In the last 2 months, fiber/quest bars or shakeology. I had a tiny package of mini Haribo gummies a few times too. And a Dove chocolate egg once.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Lucky Charms
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have a massive sweet tooth and love to bake, and in the past, not allowing myself to enjoy desserts and such lead to feelings of deprivation and ultimately to overindulgence and failure to stick with any kind of eating plan.

Since store-bought desserts usually have massive servings (and, having leftovers lying around is too tempting) I'm enjoying finding, tweaking and baking my own recipes. I aim to make desserts that are around 100 cals each and then work them into my day, usually for after dinner (finishing the day with a little something yummy like that just feels great) :)