WARRIOR DASH - ADVICE TO PREP BY 4/13/13!!

Options
Has anyone out here completed the Warrior Dash? I am doing it on 4/13/13. Need some advice on how to get through it. What kind of training should I be doing the next four weeks? I'm upping my elliptical time. I've been doing circuit training too. Is it really as scary as it looks?!?!?

Replies

• kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I did it this past February. Honestly it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I found it way easier than another one I did last October called Mud Endeavor. The running is kind of sporadic because there's a lot of actual waiting involved while people get over obstacles, so a lot of standing around lol.

Training would be some upper body, arms i would think. There is some hoisting over walls and such, but you don't have to be jacked up to get through it. My friend who runs 5k's in an hour and never does any strength training got through the course just fine :)
  • blbower2
    blbower2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I did one in STL this past September...it was INCREDIBLE! If you're anything like me, you'll feel truly amazed at what you just accomplished :-) That being said...
    I did mostly running leading up to it. I would do 30-35 minutes at a time, 3-4 times a week. I also did upper/lower body workouts about 3 times a week (I got a little crazy with that) but being able to do some pushups/pull-ups is something I found useful. We had to go over some walls and huge cargo nets for a few obstacles.
    The main thing to remember for this race...mental mental mental!! Once you get through it, you feel like a really cool ninja. Or at least I did!