Protein Problems!

Options
I am doing well with staying under all my goals for the day except protein, I always seem to go over! Any tips, thoughts or ideas? Thanks!:glasses:

Replies

• Jennifer09
    Options
    I am doing well with staying under all my goals for the day except protein, I always seem to go over! Any tips, thoughts or ideas? Thanks!:glasses:
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I had this problem when i started as well . Try to eat less meat and beans, nuts and more fruit and salads. Good luck. Mind you now I have to watch my carbs more. Just play and balance things!
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've asked this question before, too & I still don't know the effect on weight loss if your goals aren't balanced.

I'm already at a (-2) for my protien today. I know I should eat more fruits & veges as snacks, but I always seem to grab nuts & other protien filled foods when leaving for work :ohwell:

I need to be a little more conscious when grocery shopping, I guess...
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I asked this question yesterday and got osme good answers. the thread is title "I'm having issues" or something like that. the general consensus seemed to be that MFP's protein settings are generally a little low, and going over by a few g's is no biggie.
  • tyandow2
    tyandow2 Posts: 8
    Options
    I don't follow the protein amounts at all. I have talked to a number of trainers and they all say higher amounts of lean protein is better for your body and helping you to lose weight as well as building a leaner body. I blow out my protein number every day (and I never meet the carb #) and I am continuing to lose weight and changing my body from fat to muscle.

So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

:smile:
  • Jennifer09
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am glad to hear going over a little is ok!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'm on a high protein diet too, so I've been ignoring the protein section. :bigsmile:

These last 10 pounds are a bear though!!! :mad: