Recommendations for Polar HRM?

Options
2»

Replies

• MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have a H7 that I use Bluetooth with my iPhone and Digifit app. It works great for my cardio in the gym and my Spinning

Just wondering is the H7 only Apple product compatible (Iphone only)?? or does it work with Android phones as well???

The Polar Beats app is only iOS. If your Android phone supports BT4.0, then it will work with Android. There are numerous apps out there that the H4/H7 will work with (Edmondo, RunKeeper, Garmin, Nike Running+).. But if your phone is BlueTooth 3.0, don't bother.

- Mike
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    You can find tutorials/reviews of HRMs on youtube. If you do a search by brand and model number, that might help you better understand what will work best for you.
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love my FT7
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I went with the FT60 it is GPS capable so if you care to add a foot pod (GPS) at a later time you can... Best of Luck

How is FT60 with weight lifting workouts?

eta: glad for this thread because I'm shopping too.
  • arsan
    arsan Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT60
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Ugghh, here we go again. It seems I see a posting every other day about which HRM to buy. So here's my 2 cents.

I have the FT7, it's great. But if you want to save a few bucks get the FT4 they are almost identical. The major difference is the FT7 stores more data.

If you are an iPhone 4s or iPhone 5 user, check out the H4 which is the BlueTooth transmitter/strap only. For me, though I like having the watch (of the FT7) since it's very easy to glance at to look at while working out. Who wants to whip out their phone to see their HR while jogging?

Search on MFP for Polar HRM you will find COUNTLESS reviews/arguments, etc on them. But they all say the same thing. The FT4 or the FT7.

Good Luck!

Just so you know, I did search for Polar before posting. I went through about five pages, but it was either general HRM stuff, something besides Polar, or asking about one specific model. I figured my question was different enough to warrant a new topic. Thanks for the advice about the H4, as I have recently turned to the dark side and got an iPhone 4S last week!

As for how I got the 40% off offer, I have a very old model Polar HRM, bought in the previous millennium. It needs a new battery and you can't change it yourself, which is probably why I stopped using it, I couldn't be bothered to get it changed. With my new get fit plans, I am now bothered enough to get it fixed. I looked up the on the Polar website about servicing it, and it wasn't listed. So I contacted them and asked it they could change the battery. They said they could, but they didn't have the rubber seal for it anymore, so they would have to use my old one rather than a new one. I asked if that would have a guarantee to still be water-resistant. They said no, it wouldn't, so how about instead I trade it in for 40% off a new one? :happy: I figure that's a deal worth taking.