New Polar FT4 HRM. Tips?

Options
I just purchased my first HRM. I got the Polar FT4 and can't wait to hit the gym tonight. I have it all set up and ready to go but wanted to see if any of you have any tips about using it?

Replies

• redheadedgal
    redheadedgal Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've had mine about a month and I love it. The only thing I can suggest is make sure you wet the chest strap so it will work properly. Other than that, turn it on and let loose!!
  • snowflakeheather
    snowflakeheather Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yup...wet the strap and go! It's so easy. I was surprised by the difference that my Polar said vs. what MFP calculated. Unfortunately the HM says much lower, but I'd rather be accurate and know!
  • blondie0922
    blondie0922 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I am very curious to see what the calorie burn actually is. I'm tired of guessing.
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have one, and it's okay. I find the calorie burn is greater than my Nike+ Sportwatch, and less than what my treadmill reports, but they're all within about 50 calories of each other. I had bought the FT4 thinking as a Wearlink, it would link with the Nike+ SW, but it doesn't. Now I look like an electronics store when I'm running outside between the two watches, the ipod and the cell phone.