Paramedic needs help with dinner!

Options
emtjmac
emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
I am trapped at a rescue station until tomorrow morning and I forgot to bring dinner! My partner will undoubtedly be stuffing his face with a burger and some fried tonight. We only have a dying refrigerator (with no freezer) and a microwave. I need a dinner in the 300-500 calorie range that will be as filling as possible! I can take the ambulance anywhere in town including the Whole Foods market. I suck at impromptu dinner. What should I get? (Not really feeling like salad).

Replies

• olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Applebee's has some great selections for 500 cals or less.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Pre cooked chicken breast, 12 oz for~330 cal. Bottle of favorite marinade for dipping ~10 cal, eat smart bag of brocolli & cauliflower ~100 cal

Done and done. A bit high in sodium if you care about that. It leaves enough room for a skinny cow ice cream if you want to go over a little on the 500 cal mark.

I ate like this for a week while travelling. Wen to Target every night for food.
  • kjpoorman
    Options
    Subway Sandwich
  • texasgrower
    Options
    Go some place you can get some vegetable or minestrone soup.
  • emtjmac
    Options
    Pre cooked chicken breast, 12 oz for~330 cal. Bottle of favorite marinade for dipping ~10 cal, eat smart bag of brocolli & cauliflower ~100 cal

Done and done. A bit high in sodium if you care about that. It leaves enough room for a skinny cow ice cream if you want to go over a little on the 500 cal mark.

I ate like this for a week while travelling. Wen to Target every night for food.

I like it, I like it. Keep 'em comin'!
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Give it mouth to mouth!!
  • texasgrower
    Options
    If you don't like the soup idea, call in an order at some place like a Chilli's and order a grilled chicken and steamed veggies
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    how about some taco seasoning with precooked chicken, heat some soft corn tortillas in the micro, add some angel hair shredded cabbage (assemble as taco), an apple or orange and a LARGE water or unsweetened iced tea. you could also use canned albacore tuna in place of the chicken. I do this on occasion at work as I am limited on time.
  • emtjmac
    Options
    how about some taco seasoning with precooked chicken, heat some soft corn tortillas in the micro, add some angel hair shredded cabbage (assemble as taco), an apple or orange and a LARGE water or unsweetened iced tea. you could also use canned albacore tuna in place of the chicken. I do this on occasion at work as I am limited on time.

I'm saving this one, another good idea thanks!
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Local supermarket deli's usually have cooked rotisserie chickens under the warmer. I love to buy Sam's rotisserie chicken! (it's less than $5) Add a bag of those pre-cut veggies in a bag that you steam in the microwave and voila! ...dinner! ;-)