I think it's funny that an example of lightly active is a nu

Trauma03
Trauma03 Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Most of my 8 hour nursing shift consist of speed walking down the hallway for about 2-3 miles a night, standing (not sitting) to chart on a computer, and lifting people twice my weight to help them walk or get more comfortable. Multiply that by 5 days a week...I'm not so sure that my life is lightly active.

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    you should pick "active", definitely!

depends on WHERE you are a nurse and what kind I guess! My mom is a registered nurse at a hospice facility on the overnight shift. They spend so much time sitting down she says she gets up and strolls the halls just to keep from falling asleep!
    It's dim and quiet and every patient is close to their deathbed so there's not much going on except pushing a button on machine every once in a while.
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    I hear you.....I am a kennel attendant......and I do the same thing, just with 70-150 pound dogs all day!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    I don't think I'm the lowest one, but since they used a nurse as an example of lightly active I chose the other one. I know when figuring out points for Weight Watchers you get more points if you are a nurse or something along those lines.
This discussion has been closed.